VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i was encoding and korean drama episode (about 3 days ago i think not sure cant remember) the usual way i do it using avisynth script and virtual dub (i was using 1.8.8). well apparently i halted the encoding halfway because i realise i had something else to encode and i didnt want to encode 2 things at once :O. so then after i encoded my other stuff i went back to encode my korean drama but apparently when i load my avisynth script ( which i havent touched at all since i last used it) it gave me an error.

Avisynth Open Failure
    Error Intializing audio stream decompression:
    the requesed conversion was not possible

check to make sure u have the required codec.
    (file path of my avs script and the line that has error which was the video)

at first i was wondering i didnt even touch the codecs on my com and all the episodes have the same codec and i have loaded this exact episode before so why am i having this problem. i thought it was the aftereffects of halting the video so i tried another episode which resulted in the same error. i did also try my other scripts for other shows but they all had audio problems.

I tried virutal dub 1.9.8 too had the same error.

i scouted through this forum for abit and foudn a application called g-spot which would tell me if i had the required codecs for a video i loaded the video and it showed that i had all the codec.

i need help ill say thanks in advanced
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'd do a CTRL-ALT-Delete first and check if any of the VDubs remained open after being used. Or maybe something having to do with audio hasn't been shut down after being used. A reboot should fix the problem, but it shouldn't really be necessary. Just close whatever it is down in the Task Manager.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    um its already been many days.. that would mean i have already shu it down :P i have reinstalled my codec twice.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK then, sorry. Since it seems to be audio related, what happens when you remove the audio from the script? Do you really need to handle the audio in the script? And what's the full script?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its just a normal avisource with textsub no other filters involved. and theres nothing wrong with the video nor audio cause i have loaded it before . i tried other scripts that i have used before and they arent working at all. have only tried xvid files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try AviSource("filename.avi", audio=false). If that works your problem is in the ACM audio decoder. AviSynth is already telling you that though. What is the audio codec? AC3?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mpga.... normal mp3...... i dont see how is it the audio decoder problem when i didnt touch it ..... and of course audio= false will work... but i dont want to demux it when its an avi... .

just for the info im using lame acm and cccp codec package
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are you able to load the episode directly in virtualdub, without using avisynth script?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes...but no audio......
    Quote Quote  
  10. Then your MP3 ACM decoder isn't working. There are two audio and two video systems in Windows. For video there is the older and deprecated (by Microsoft) Video For Windows (VFW) library, and the newer DirectShow library. For audio there is the older ACM library and DirectShow. For the most part, these two systems can't be mixed. In addition to these any program can use its own private methods.

Most media players use DirectShow. GSpot's rendering test uses DirectShow decoders. VirtualDub and AviSynth's AviSource() use their own AVI file readers but rely on VFW/ACM decoders.

If all MP3 audio is giving you the same problem in VirtualDub and AviSource() (ie, it's not just this particular file that has problems) you need to fix your MP3 ACM decoder or switch to DirectShowSource().
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Apr 2010 at 06:54.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but as u said if its the mp3 acm problem why reinstalling it dosent help? and why did it stop working suddenly
    Quote Quote  
  12. It's one of the mysteries of Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you do not have a suitable vfw mp3 decoder. google for mp3 playback codec. lame is an encoder. this may help
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thankx u so much its working now........ but i wonder why i could load it before even without the decode
    Quote Quote