VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I've been using multiAVCHD for a while now (version 3.0) and it had all been working fine. The other day I found out there was a newer version, 4.0, so I downloaded and installed that.

Trouble is, whenever I put files in to be turned into AVCHD format they always error on the advanced subtitle processing. I've checked the settings and they're all the same as they used to be, and yes advanced subtitle processing is enabled.

So now all I get is the video file which runs fine in my PS3, but with no subtitles. I've tried it with many files, even files which I've used in the past and I know for sure that the subtitles worked back then and they now no longer work.

So I decided to revert back to 3.0 as I know that version worked for me and I'm comfortable with it. So I uninstalled 4.0, reinstalled 3.0 but whenever I launch 3.0 it just launches in a blank gray window, with nothing to do in it except click the x button to close it.

I get no errors in installation so I can't think what the problem is.

Tl;dr, advanced subtitles don't work any more but they used to (tried files which previously worked for verification). Also, when launching 3.0 I get blank gray box.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last resort would be to do a system restore to a date before V4.0 was installed and then install V3.0.
    Quote Quote  
  3. He posted @ my forum with the same message and it turned out he uninstalled avisynth - hence the problem. Once the avisynth got installed all worked as it should.

Dean
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah it's all sorted now thanks to Dean, I posted here as well in hopes of a quick reply ^^
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've have a related issue with subtitles.
    I have multiAVCHD v4.1 DAT v771, ffdshow, AVIsynth, HaaliSplitter and Java.

Yet, whenever I try to author a BD with subs it fails at "processing subtitles.." or while running tsmuxer or "missing info.."

This happens only if I try to mux subs. Doesn't matter if it's .srt, .sub or .sup and also if Advanced Subtitle Processing is enabled or disabled.

I've have Windows 7 Ultimate x86/x64 dual boot. Neither works. Yes, easySup works without multiAVCHD on x86.

All the features used to work. Suddenly the subtitle function got messed up. Update?

Reinstalling multiAVCHD, ffdshow, AVIsynth, HaaliSplitter and Java several times hasn't helped at all.

Please help.
    (I can't post on Dean's forum as membership is no longer open)
    Quote Quote