VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just bought a new Samsung BD-P1580 and i need to play region 1 blu-rays on it. iv tryed alot of combonations but nothing works

can anyone please help me to fix this problem?
    im not very clued up on all this changing software stuff so i need it to be very simple.

im not simple by the way lol

can anyone please please help me???????????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Before posting read similar threads. Just below your:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/318947-Help-me-get-my-LG-BD350-regionfree
    Quote Quote  
  3. that link is for a LG not a Samsung
    Quote Quote  
  4. both are BD players so you can't hack them
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    MJA is quite correct. BluRay players are NOT at all like DVD players where maybe if you enter a code on the right player you can make DVD playback region free. Region free BluRay playback is only possible on TWO players right now - Oppo (requires a firmware hack to be done AFTER the player leaves the manufacturer - Oppo does NOT ship players region free) and Momitsu/Hitecker (sold under both names - requires additional hardware to be added by the seller AFTER the unit leaves the manufacturer). You are out of luck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by samsungnewowner View Post
    that link is for a LG not a Samsung
    Yes, the title is for LG, but the content may help you. To bad that you read only the title, not entire thread.
    Quote Quote  
  7. i have a question for everyone. i have 4 region 1 blu-ray dvds and all imported from usa and two play on my samsung bd-p1580 and two dont can anyone tell me why that is?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hallo,

I am new in this forum and would like to know how I can get regionfree my Sony RDR AT-105.

Hope, you can help me. Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you look around in the internet, the mentioned Oppo & Momitsu BD players are only some of those that can be converted to region-free BD playback. Sites like worldimport.com and bluraymods.com show a range from Panasonic, Sony, Pioneer, etc. Of course after you have researched said sites thoroughly, you will conclude that 1. region-free BD is a whole different sootier kettle of even scalier smellier fish than region-free DVD; 2. it helps if you are an electronics hardware professional ; and 3. it will cost you, probably neither an arm nor a leg, but probably more than if you simply just bought two separate region A and region B BD players to begin with.
    I did buy the kit and installed it in a Panasonic BD30. This is over and on top of the required remote control hack. I suppose, since not many people will open the cover let alone tinker with the innards of their BD player, they WILL want that which ONLY requires the remote control hack. Not going to happen soon.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote