VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wish to purchase a laptop which is compatible with the other Sony products I own. I would also like the best laptop with the largest screen, blu ray RW, Full HD. I currently own:
    (1)Sony High Definition handycam...flash memory (AVCHD) HDR-CX505VE
    (2)Sony High Definition handycam on hard disk drive (AVCHD) HDR-XR550VE
    (3)Sony video editing Vegas pro 9 £506.90
    (4)Sony Vegas Movie editing Studio Platinum Pro Pack £93.90
    I use these Sony products to edit large High Definition (AVCHD) video with lots of editing and effects, 30 minutes long. I'm looking for a laptop which meets the system requirements with my two Vegas Movie Editing Software's and it is compatible with my two Sony handycams (HD).
    I have been looking at the Sony VAIO AW series VGN-AW31XY/Q £2,743 and was wondering if this would do, even though it has been discontinued? But a shop in London has one left. I already have a desktop computer which works fine with my Sony High Definition Handycams and editing software, but I really need a laptop for editing as well.
    Please help

Best regards
    Michelle
    Ps I know lots about editing but not system requirements and specifications
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if there is one fast enough to edit avchd then the battery would last an hour at most. a fast quad core cpu is needed. and i can't really imagine even trying to do any serious editing on a single 17 inch display. sorry i think the best you can do is LOOK like you're editing with a laptop.

ok so it's just my 2 cents...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote