VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi say i want to edit a 5 min clip but want to have diferent settings for some scenes, for example the 1st 1 min of the clip has too much color and after 2nd min the scene is too dark, so can i edit the 1st scene and reduce the color and work on the 2nd scene and brighten the video without cutting and rejoining files or without working with images?

is there anysoftware like that, i cant remember but i think pinacle video editor was able to do that please need some advice or solution thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i know how to do this in avisynth like this example from another thread A=Trim(0,1000).Tweak(Sat=0)
    B=Trim(1001,2000)
    C=Trim(2001,3000).Sharpen(0.7)
    D=Trim(3001,0).Tweak(Cont=1.5)

but can i do this in vegas or after effects? all i want to do is do some color correction in diferent scenes and save as 1 file again.
    i tried to split files in vegas but when i select individual split scenes and add filter it does the same for whole video? any ideas? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. VirtualDub's "Blend" feature allows you do apply filters to ranges of the video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    VirtualDub's "Blend" feature allows you do apply filters to ranges of the video.
    thanks but its not what im looking for, i want to edit several scene bits on 1 avi file and set diferent settings on these scenes without adding the setting for the entire clip
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's what the blend option does. The author should have picked a better term.
    Last edited by jagabo; 5th Apr 2010 at 18:53.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it dont work how i want is it possible to do this in vegas as i like the color filters better
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very easy in Vegas. You have a couple of different ways of doing.

If you are editing several clips together, you can either add Video Event FX to each clip if they all need something different, or put clips that have the same problem on the same track, and the FX to the track. Or a combination - i.e. contrast correction on a per clip basis, then a colour correction to the entire track.

If you have a single clip and you want to adjust only parts of it, you can either split the clip ('S' key), then work as above, or you can apply the effect to the entire clip, and use keyframes to lit it to only parts of the clip.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Very easy in Vegas. You have a couple of different ways of doing.

If you are editing several clips together, you can either add Video Event FX to each clip if they all need something different, or put clips that have the same problem on the same track, and the FX to the track. Or a combination - i.e. contrast correction on a per clip basis, then a colour correction to the entire track.

If you have a single clip and you want to adjust only parts of it, you can either split the clip ('S' key), then work as above, or you can apply the effect to the entire clip, and use keyframes to lit it to only parts of the clip.

thanks a lot mate it worked:P
    Quote Quote