VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I've been having problems installing the additional software required for ffmpegX to work properly, mainly mencoder. After starting the program, a drop down window appears stating that I must go to the sites specified for mpeg2enc, mencoder and mplayer. I cut and paste the URLs into my browser. I download the files. (I had initially had problems with greek code showing up in my browser after going to the URL for mpeg2enc. But, thanks to this site, someone mention that I should hold down the OPTION key before I go to the site. The download worked (no greek in the window), but I have no way of finding if mpeg2enc works because I'm now having problems with mencoder.) After the downloads are complete, I 'locate' the files for the program, enter my admin pswd and click INSTALL. This message then shows up:
    The installation was not successful.
    ##cp: /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/mencoder and /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/mencoder are identical (not copied).

Pls help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Keep the downloaded binaries in your Download folder or on your Desktop. Decompress the .zip file. Let the installer copy the binaries to their special location. Do NOT manually move them to /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/ .
    Remove the three binaries (mencoder, mplayer, mpeg2enc), from previous installation tries, out of /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/ .
    Install again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Aces! It worked beautifully. The program opened and placed the additional support in the appropriate folder.

Thanks very much.
    Quote Quote