VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the DVD hack for LG RC389H player, and followed the instructions listed;
    after changing the value of OPTION 5 to ff as instructed the menu tells me to puch the '0xE0' button to initialise the settings, but I don't have this button on my remote!!
    And I think I may have accidentally changed the value of OPTION 6, it reads c 0, anyone know what it should be?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also need help with the exact same problem! accidentally changed the option 6 value and don't know what it's meant to be.. don't have the '0xE0' button also. The main problem I have now though is that my remote control doesn't work at all now since trying it.. help please us somebody!!
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's difficult to say. Some hacks only work on players sold in specific parts of the world because of hardware differences. For all we know, the hack only works on players sold in, say, Europe. No harm in asking and perhaps you will be lucky and someone will respond with an answer, but be warned that all requests like this don't get answered and sometimes even when they do it can take months or longer for a reply to a hack problem. Just over the weekend we had someone post a hack for a DVD player to a question that got asked about 3 years ago (!!!). That's the longest wait time I've ever seen here for a response to such a question.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ahh bugger! Maybe the manufacturers in Indonesia were onto it from the get go and shutting down the remote is a way to stop the override.. lol
    If i can't figure it out i'll just have to get a new remote or something i guess Will keep checking in to see if any help pops up.
    Thanks for that
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Had the same issue. Once the system is asking for the '0xE0' button, press RETURN on the remote control. This worked for me, the region code is now 0 (open).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wish i knew to press the return button at the end the first time i tried it, but too late for me now.. the remote still doesn't work at all and the dvd player now picks and chooses what dvds it will play. even ones we've watched before won't play now, it comes up on the screen that the region code is wrong.. so stuff knows what region code it set itself on. can't do anything but take it to get fixed or replace it. so spewing as it is a new player. guess that'll teach me for messing about with it! lol
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have you considered replacing only the remote to see if that helps? It's unusual, but not impossible for remotes to fail. I had it happen to me with a new WDTV media player and after the manufacturer sent me a new remote, everything was good.

Usually trying to make a DVD player region free doesn't ruin it, but there is always some risk involved and a chance that the player could be bricked.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Better in DVD & Blu-ray Players forum. Moving you.
    Quote Quote