VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Everyone:

I understand that Womble MPEG Video Wizard has video filters (such as the ability to cropping, brightness etc) before encoding. I usually encode AVI files to MPEG2, and my goal is to crop out the black bars.

My question is how do you access the video filters. I was told that these have been disabled by the company (only heaven knows why).

Your assistance on this matter would be very appreciated.

Montgal
    Quote Quote  
  2. add video file to timeline > right click > video > filter > highlight cropper > click add arrow > have fun!
    Last edited by Det. Hose; 1st Apr 2010 at 17:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Womble's mpeg-2 encoder is not very good. It is fine for the few frames usually required to be re-encoded after editing out commercials or doing a quick trim, but there are far better options out there when it comes to AVI to Mpeg-2 conversion. I am also curious as to how many AVI files you have that still have black bars embedded in them waiting to be cropped. The majority have the bars cropped before being converted to AVI, or were shot without the need for bars.

I use Womble on a regular basis, but I would never use it for encoding or converting.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Womble's mpeg-2 encoder is not very good.
    You're being too kind. The encode quality is absolute crap. Great editor, but that's all.
    You must use something else for quality re-encode.

Why do the files need this done, anyway?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote