VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having a 6 month failure rate on my lg dvd burnersm h54N and am considering a new sata burner, I think Samsung are suggested. I think I have to give up using book type setting and just use dvd-R, which is less of an issue than it was.

My computer are about 5 years old have amd athlon 64 processor, and 3 gb ram.

Are there any issues I should be aware of installing a sata driver card to enable me to use a sata dvd burner, I have 2 sata connections on my MB but these are used for storage Hard Drives.

Thanks, I am considering a new PC but frankly , I get what i want from these machine, I am running XP by the way.
    Last edited by victoriabears; 1st Apr 2010 at 01:18.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You would want to use a Silicon Images PC card for a SATA optical drive: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/318486-Optiarc-dvd-rw-sata-7241s-problems?p=1972398&viewfull=1 It should just be plug and play, but if not, easy enough to install a driver.
    Quote Quote