VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or is it just jumpy as heck?

I rented GI Joe from Blockbuster, and I can't tell if it's using a weird encryption that makes it play the scenes in random order, or if it's really supposed to jump around that much. It really seems like it's playing part of a scene, and then just jumping to another much later in the movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It does this playing it in your DVD player attached to the TV?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right now, the only dvd players I have are computer ones, and I have to return the movie before I'll get the chance to check. I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if it's really supposed to be this way, but it doesn't seem to make any sense at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Before or after ripping ?

Honestly, it could well be the movie. From what I remember of it, it didn't make much sense.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not ripped.

Edit: I found some information from people who'd successfully ripped the disc. According to a thread on the Afterdawn forums, the movie does appear to use a new type of copy protection.

I'm gonna try ripping it, and see if it'll play.

You'd think the studio execs would want me to be able to play a purchased disc (or rented in this case) without having to rip it to the hard drive. Kinda counter-productive if you ask me.
    Last edited by rayden54; 1st Apr 2010 at 23:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just FYI it played fine on my standalone DVD player last week.
    Quote Quote  
  7. My Philips 5990 has a feature where it can skip the menus and go straight to playing the movie. Kung Fu Panda scenes were played out of order in that mode. I had to switch it back to regular menu mode to watch the movie.
    Quote Quote