VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Normally what I would use is encode with TMPGenc express and then author the dvd with DVDlab pro. But I was thinking maybe it is time to get a new program to author my dvds. Is there any other programs out there that gives the options to make like dvdlab pro or more options to make better menus and chapters and great quality? I try to have my menus professional looking with chapter menus title menus like retail dvds.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dvd lab pro is still one the best.

But you create proffesional backgrounds and motions menus with photoshop and advanced video editors....and lots of time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVD Lab Pro, but the authoring tool is just where you assemble all the bits and pieces. Most of the work happens well before then - planning, creating all the assets, encoding properly etc. Very professional looking discs can be created using freeware tools, and very crappy looking discs can be created using top-of-the-line studio quality tools (hell, studios have produced some very poor looking menus).
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by t_jay17 View Post
    Normally what I would use is encode with TMPGenc express and then author the dvd with DVDlab pro. But I was thinking maybe it is time to get a new program to author my dvds. Is there any other programs out there that gives the options to make like dvdlab pro or more options to make better menus and chapters and great quality? I try to have my menus professional looking with chapter menus title menus like retail dvds.
    Yes and no.
    DVD-Lab does most of what is possible. However, DVDWS2 is easier to use.

I posted this just a few days ago:
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Use Ulead DVD Workshop 2. I wrote about this last week: Is DVDWS2 best for authoring?
    That's it.
    It used to be $300-500 pro software, but is being clearanced out.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote