VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to encode a video today to mp4 psp avc. It did encode, but the resulting duration was quite unusual. Instead of the video being around a normal 40-43 minutes (1 hr tv show), xvid4psp upped it to 2hrs and 40+ minutes.

What's crazy, though, is that I ran the file in Gspot and the duration of the source was 2hrs and 40 minutes! I even played the file in vlc media player and the file and the duration rang up at around 40-41 minutes.

So, as of this moment I am trying to figure out, why is xvid4psp and gspot doing this?? Both softwares are updated.

Lastly, I am attempting to fix the file by running it in avidemux latest version and cutting the black part of the video (after the 40 minute tv show, there is just a black screen until the time runs out). It is encoding right now.
    Burning a Blu-ray is the next achievement. ;)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What is the source? Xvid4psp through avisynth reads it incorrect. Maybe because of your installed video codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    What is the source? Xvid4psp through avisynth reads it incorrect. Maybe because of your installed video codecs.
    A 1hr Numbers tv show w/o commercials that turned out to be around 40 mins and 44 secs (I think). I downloaded it.

EDIT: Added the picture to show you how messed up my "file" might be, or programs.

Last edited by mark63534; 31st Mar 2010 at 18:07. Reason: Picture
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Turns out I fixed the problem. I used YAMB to split the file( by duration) at the end of the tv show in the 2 hour and 40 minute video I got.

So, what turned out was 5- 41 minute segments of the video. I only kept the first mp4 because that had my video in it. The rest were blank black segments.

If anyone wants to know how I did this, all I really did is split the messed up 2 hour video that xvid4psp spit out at me. This required no encoding.

YAMB saved my life lol.
    Quote Quote