VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there. Sorry to register just to ask for help, but was wondering if anyone here could help me.

Basically, I have a Toshiba Camileo Pro HD Camcorder (a little old, but does the job), which I use to film sporting matches that I participate in. At the moment, it saves files in 720p HD, mp4 format.

What I would like to do is create a movie file that I can use for an introduction banner for each movie that I can simply append the whole file onto rather than re-encode a new movie each time. So I created the file in Windows Movie Maker, converted it to mp4 using MediaCoder, and then tried to append the match footage to it.

Now, although it viewed fine in AviDemux, the final created file played the first banner section (all 5 seconds of it), then went to a gray screen for the actual camcorder footage, although the sound was audible.

I've also had a friend create the file in mp4 format and tried working both of those in AviDemux with similar results.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or any solutions?

If it would help, I can upload both video files for people to play around, they're only about five seconds each so kind of small. I'd just like to get this right now, so I don't have to spend an hour re-encoding each of the 250 MB HD files every time I want to upload them to YouTube or wherever. @_@

Any help would be much much appreciated!

Cheers guys,

Take care,

Stalks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The files have to be the exact same specifications for the video & audio in order to append (eg. reference frames, frame rate, dimensions, AVC Level etc...)

You can use mediainfo (view=>text) to identify some of these parameters

Sometimes other software can be less "finicky" at appending (e.g. mp4box or yamb for mp4 container files)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the information. I suspected as much, but nice to hear it confirmed.

I already tried mp4box and Yamb (or, more accurately, mp4box through Yamb), and that ended up with me getting two video streams separately. I'm not sure if that's due to bad settings, but I googled it up and apparently I'm not the only person that has happened to. Any idea for a workaround?

Finally, in terms of setting things up to use the same parameters, could I re-encode the first file using AviDemux to make it compatible? Does that seem plausible?

Thanks a lot!

Take care,

Stalks
    Quote Quote  
  4. it might be possible; post the information and/or the files
    Quote Quote  
  5. http://rapidshare.com/files/370124164/files.zip.html

Those are the files in question.

Thanks in advance!

Really very much appreciated. @_@

Take care,

Stalks