VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear All,

I am having problem with BD-RB during source selection during 50GB to 25GB backup. Would you please let me know the solution.
    I am following below procedure for the same:
    1) Rip the image using AnyDVD HD to the hard disk.
    2) Create vertual image using DAEMON tool.
    3) Open BD-RB and select source, then problem occurs "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 2501 Source Check() 00006 2501" and "Select Source is not BD format"

Prompt response would be appreciable.

Thanks & regards,
    Vikas
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BDRB Error.JPG
Views:	2279
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1091  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try instead rip to a folder/files on your hdd with anydvd(rip video to harddisk). Then select the folder in bdrebuilder.

And this is blu-ray ripping and shrinking so moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Would you please briefly explain it i.e. you are asking about "Rip video DVD to hard disc" instead "Rip to Image" ? Then select video folder?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok thanks for prompt reply..
    I will try it and let you know further..
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And be sure to rip with latest anydvdhd.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Dear Baldrick,

As suggested, I have tried above but situation is same as earlier i.e. still I am facing same problem again "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 2501 Source Check() 00006 2501" and "Select Source is not BD format"
    I am using AnyDVD HD Ver 6.6.3.0 licensed version and BD Rebuilder Version 032.0.8(Beta) for the same. Would you please explain further, how can I resolve this problem. I am using Hindi Title "Pyaar Impossible(41.6GB) for the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1.jpg
Views:	2795
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1093

Name:	P2.jpg
Views:	2871
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1095

Name:	P3.jpg
Views:	2748
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1094

Please suggest ????
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    CHeck the http://forum.doom9.org and see if anyone has similar error messages.

Or shrink with another tool like avchdcoder.
    Quote Quote  
  9. hmm..but I heard that avchdcoder takes a long time to shrink compare to BD Rebuilder ??
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by vikas.babu View Post
    hmm..but I heard that avchdcoder takes a long time to shrink compare to BD Rebuilder ??
    Not really, they use the same encoder (x.264) so apart from the presets offered, the differences are minor. As to presets, however, the fastest BDRB preset is definitely faster than the fastest AVCHDCoder preset. Faster = Lower quality.

Have you rebuilt any discs successfully with BDRB, or is this your first attempt?

1) Make certain you're selecting the parent folder with the BDMV folder inside. After mounting the image can you play the largest *.m2ts in the BDMV -> STREAM folder from your hard drive with a player like MPCHC?
    2) If the above doesn't solve the problem: Download the BDRB Configuration Inspection Tool:

http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/inspect.exe

Put inspect.exe in the BDRB folder and run it. Post the results here.

3) If the BDRB configuration is okay: Maybe something's wrong with the rip. Scan it with BDinfo.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since your shrinking to BD25 you should use HighspeedBD25 encode mode. It only appears if you select BD25 output.
    I would second fritzi install inspect.exe in your BDrebuilder directory and run it.
    Are you absolutely certain your source is Blueray?
    Quote Quote  
  12. thanks Fritzi for your inputs..
    I have sone the same, please check attached pictures:

1) Make certain you're selecting the parent folder with the BDMV folder inside. After mounting the image can you play the largest *.m2ts in the BDMV -> STREAM folder from your hard drive with a player like MPCHC?

Yeah, I am able to play it easily with MPCHC player.

2) If the above doesn't solve the problem: Download the BDRB Configuration Inspection Tool:

I have inspected the same, please see inspect.jpg file for your consideration and revert back ..

Name:	Inspect.jpg
Views:	2721
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1114

3) If the BDRB configuration is okay: Maybe something's wrong with the rip. Scan it with BDinfo.

I have also scanned as mentioned, please check the pictures

Name:	Scan.jpg
Views:	2740
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1115 Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan1.jpg
Views:	2679
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1116
    Quote Quote  
  13. It appears you're running Vista, perhaps you could update your computer specs.

The version of ffdshow you're using isn't playing nice with BDRB. I suggest you uninstall it and use version 3133, which is the one recommended by jdobbs, the author of BDRB. My own testing indicates version 3326 is probably okay as well.

Once you have a version of ffdshow that checks out, you can change your VC-1 configuration. Start -> ffdshow -> ffdshow video decoder configuration. Scroll down to VC-1. In the second column (the decoder column), double-click the decoder being used. A drop-down list will appear, change the decoder to WMV9. Hit "Apply" and exit. Run "inspect.exe" again to verify everything's okay

Anyway the error message you're getting would *usually* indicate you're not selecting the correct folder.
    The BDinfo scan indicates a compliant stream, but the time must be incorrect at 44 seconds total. That's awfully short for a 50G disc! Which of course points to a bad rip or the protection not completely removed. If I were you, I'd try to extract movie-only from the original disc with ClownBD and see if that gives you a usable file. Leave AnyDVDHD running in the tray.

Again, have you done a re-encode successfully with BDRB, or is this the first attempt? Can you try another file?

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 31st Mar 2010 at 15:41.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hey Fritzi..

As recommended ffdshow version 3326 is works well with BDRB, thanks..

Name:	Inspect.jpg
Views:	2721
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1143

And your doubt was correct i.e. the problem was in image ripping using AnyDVD..I tried ClownBD for the same and now it's working fine..

Thanks for your continuous support to resolve this problem..

BTW I am using core 2 duo, 2.40 GHz with 1 Gb RAM and it's taking around 24 Hrs to shrink 45 Gb ~ 23 Gb..you feel same experience ??

If you have any experience to reduce shrink time, please share with me..thanks once again for your continous support
    Quote Quote  
  15. @ vikas.babu: Good for you!

The author of BDRB has stated that v.3326 of ffdshow looks okay, but is not quite ready to recommend it. So I was just passing that along, though it does work just fine for me also.

It's hard to tell what the problem was. Since BDinfo wasn't seeing any significant content, no doubt BDRB wasn't either, hence the error message. It may have been simply poor authoring (intentional or not), or as mentioned a bad rip or incomplete removal of protection.

Since I don't have a Blu-Ray burner, and only do BD 5/9, I dunno about your encode speed to BD 25. It does seem long. You should perhaps try the suggestion made by wulf109.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  16. thanks fritzi..I have one more clarification about Clown_BD ?? I checked that ther was no sound after shrinking the BD9..why??
    May be I selected any wrong option that remove audio during shrinking..
    would you please help me also to solve this problem ??

wulf139..would you please let me know about HighspeedBD25 encode mode i.e. how can we reduce shrink time during BD9/5??
    Quote Quote  
  17. wulf139..would you also please let me know about HighspeedBD25 encode mode i.e. how can we reduce shrink time during BD9/5??
    Quote Quote  
  18. I thought you wanted BD 25?

Try using "Good" encode quality in settings, it's much faster than the default.

As to the audio, does ClownBD show an audio track after analysis? You may have neglected to specify an audio output. If so, try setting audio output to AC3 at 448 or 640 kbps. You'll want AC3 anyway if re-encoding to BD 5/9.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  19. ok....I will try it and let you know later
    Quote Quote  
  20. yeah firtzi..you are absolutely correct..I want BD 25

I m attaching Clown_BD screen shot..it's default window I am getting after analyzing. Please lwt me know I have to select Audio here or leave it ??

Name:	Clown_BD Err.JPG
Views:	918
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1158
    Quote Quote  
  21. Yes, you have to select an audio stream. If you want the DTS stream, I suggest you select "Core" for "Output Audio Format". If you want the AC3 stream, select "Unconverted". If for some reason either of these doesn't give you a good stream (it happens, particularly if there are any bad frames in the file), then output as AC3, either 640 or 448 kbps. Save as Blu-Ray.

Bad audio will often cause loss of sync, so try playing the ClownBD output in various places before starting your encode. Ouputting as AC3 re-encodes the audio and will fix problems like that most times. Yes, considering the other problems with this disc, I would be suspicious and double-check.

If you want BD 5/9, try the "Good (fastest)" encoder setting. If BD 25, try wulf's suggestion.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  22. hey fritzi93...

it's work fine..
    thnaks for all your support during this discussion..
    Quote Quote  
  23. Very good. Did you use the high speed encoding option? You might as well.

Here's my experience with encoding options, keeping in mind I view my re-encodes on a 47" 1080p LCD:

If the bitrate is above ~ 4,500 kbps, you can use the fastest encoding option and will be hard-pressed to tell the difference from the slowest option. Now, I don't have the sharpest eyes of the forum members here, nor the largest HDTV, but I know *obvious* insufficient bitrate for H.264 when I see it. (Banding, posterization, etc.). H.264 is very efficient, the disadvantages being it's a bitch to edit and encoding is CPU intensive. Bitrate is the same whichever encoding option you choose, the slower ones simply work harder to allocate available bitrate more efficiently.

Actually, that figure of ~ 4,500 kbps comes from the author of AVCHDCoder, as minimum recommended, but my own experience tells me it's a reasonable benchmark. That translates into a movie length of about 1 hour, 50 seconds for a movie-only re-encode to BD 5. You can stretch that to ~ 2 hours or so if using the "Better" option, or a wee bit more with default and/or slowest options. Longer than that and you should use BD 9 or re-encode to 720p. I've done the latter a few times when the original transfer to Blu-Ray wasn't so great anyway, and the result was acceptable to me.

For BD 25, and mind you it's just my guess, but with such a high bitrate, the fastest encoding option should be indistinguishable from the original.

JMHO, everyone should decide for themselves. Good luck.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 6th Apr 2010 at 12:11.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  24. yeah..I use Good(Very Fast) option for encoding.

I was using Dual core. 2.00 GHz system for the same and found it's taking aroung 10~12 Hrs for whole BD-50 to BD-25.

thanks for detailed description..

and you are absolutely correct, I also experience that with good(Very Fast) quality encoding, it's indistinguishable betwenn original and re-enclodes playback with 42" 1080p Plasma TV.

hey, would you also have any experience to back-up PS3 game disc. It's also too costier in the market and I afriad to use it on regular basis. If you have any such type of experience, it would be really helpfull to me and appreciable job??
    Quote Quote  
  25. Sorry, don't know the first thing about games, apart from solitaire.

Maybe someone else can advise.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote