VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

I just come across this forum full of enthusiast and professionals so I decided to register and ask a question.

I'm creating a video in Vegas 9 for our school where to connect scenes the picture is rewindong everything what was there before but in fast movement. Unfortunately it looks odd when the picture is nice and smooth without the lines across the screen.
    Tried to google something but couldn't really find it. Tried to use effects from Vegas as well but without success.

So the question is, has anyone have a picture or a short video that I could use or maybe seen something like that?

Thank you very much, appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. your google skills need some sharpening, this was like the 3rd or 4th down on the list

http://www.werdofbert.com/2009/10/sony-vegas-effect-tip-rewind-like-vcr.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen that one and that's not what I'm looking for....

Have a look at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnkWzu4OGjI
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The rewind effect has about 5-7 individual frames which are distorted. You have two options;

1: Take the effect that ray, above, posted.

2. Create the effect in photoshop, 7 different pictures, and distort it in Vegas.

Personally, I would go for the first one and just speed up the clip and speed up the effect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have come up with a way to do it inside Vegas using only standard Vegas FX and media generators. I will post a Vegas 8 Pro project and a youtube link shortly. Note : this is a very quick attempt - less than 10 minutes including rendering time - and I would probably spend another 15 - 20 minutes refining it. Things to fix include speeding up the fast forward motion a fair bit, and tweaking the distortion and other keyframes. Remember, this is just a proof of concept.

I have added the Vegas project. Just alter the main clip that it won't be able to find. The rest should be ready for you to alter and adjust as necessary. I will try to post a sample to youtube when I get time, but this should give you enough to start with

Edit : I have changed the attached project to sort out an issue with the static layers. Use this version instead of the previous version.

Edit 2 : I don't have the bandwidth here to put a good quality copy of the file on youtube, so rather than wait I have attached a lower quality copy wmv file. Yes, it gets blocky, but you can still see the effect.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by guns1inger; 7th Apr 2010 at 06:35. Reason: Added Vegas project
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote