As recommended I moved this question over from the capture forum:
I am trying to figure out the best way to transfer to DVD and at the same time Capture on PC while utilizing the proc amp and the detail-er for both inputs... I understand that I can burn a DVD from my computer but for time purposes I would need to do both at the same time. My current setup is JVC HR-9600U or Panny AG-1980 to TBC-1000 to BVP-4 Proc Amp to DR-100 detail-er to Panasonic EZ28 DVD recorder. Would taking the Monitor out from the TV to the capture card be a good idea?
I would experiment but I don't own a capture card or software yet (waiting to find what is best). Another possible scenario would be putting the TBC-1000 at the end of the string since it has a built in distribution amplifier, or does having the TBC at the end of the string effect the quality of the video captured by the PC? I do have a S-Video Distribution amp but it is a Radio Shack model and it can add a little noise to the picture. If there is a program out there that can convert DVD files to a high quality uncompressed video file that may even be a better bet, as my purpose for the software would be to have a digital file handy (in Mpeg format instead of a TS file, or another viewable high quality format)
Also I am new to using software for video restoration, I read have alot about virtual dub in older posts... would that be my best bet if I end up on the capture route? I work with Avid editors and they seem to only give me advice based on using an Avid or FCP system which wouldn't suit my needs. I believe Avid is out of the Prosumer business anyways, and I don't own a Mac. I should note that my computer is running Win 7 64 bit. I feel like my 2nd question has been answered and covered in older threads, but I was more curious as to whether in 2010 there is a new software that has an edge on virtual dub, free or for purchase.