VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How do I finalize a DVD? What is ImgBurn? Is it compatible with Windows 7? Is it easy to use, most important is it safe to use on my computer. Any information is helpful. Thank you, PD
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ImgBurn is THE BEST.
    Finalizing a DVD is usually NOT necessary if burned with a computer.
    Finalizing is usually only an issue with DVD Recorders.
    Quote Quote  
  3. the DVD was burned on my computer and it was not finalized. I reburned the DVD thinking I had done sometime wrong. It once again did not finalize, it would not play in my DVD player, saying it had not been finalized. Do you suggest I download ImgBurn? Is it compatible with Windows 7? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you burning RW discs?
    What computer program did you use to burn with?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm using DVD- R discs. I'm using the program on my computer with windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Unless you are burning a VIDEO_TS folder or an ISO image of a DVD to a blank DVD-R....I think you have
    more serious problems than "finalizing". Not computer problems...lack of knowledge problems. No offense intended.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Windows Vista and 7 use UDF 2.01 which isn't compatible with DVD-Video which uses UDF 1.02.
    Use ImgBurn and your burning problems will go away, now if you have authoring problems that's a different story.
    Last edited by MOVIEGEEK; 29th Mar 2010 at 14:49.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Definitely a lack of knowledge. Help! How would I find out about authoring problems?
    Quote Quote