VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I have a few movies on VHS that were never released on DVD and have already backed up a couple of them and plan to do the rest soon.

What are some methods of trimming the little imperfections immediately prior to and after the recording on the disc?

For example, I have a movie I copied to DVD unattended, so I set the timer to record a few minutes longer than the film, now I want to trim off the extra recorded nothing so the DVD files are just the movie and not the after fuzz etc...

The only way I can think of is to rip the resulting DVD to DivX or Xvid or similar and then use avi trimmer then convert back to DVD.

I would prefer to do my cleaning up without the conversion to avoid loss of already subpar quality due to copying from a VHS tape.

Is there a program that will allow me to simply open the contents of a video ts folder and fine tune (snip & trim) the content?

Thanks
    Last edited by perceptionist; 27th Mar 2010 at 20:50. Reason: added some info..
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Videoredo, Mpegvideo wizard, mpegvcr, etc.... Any mpeg video editor will allow you to make cuts of vob files without affecting quality. Of course the better ones are not free but do offer 30 day trials. Test drive a few and see what works for you.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for that,

Will be testing them out this evening!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't think you have to cut anything out. I think you can just set the IFO to start after the part you want to cut and quit before the end. If you have to cut the MPG file you can use the free Mpeg2Cut2 to cut on keyframes.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Without taking the video out of the DVD, you can easily cut before the beginning and after the end using the Prev/Cut ability of VobBlanker. Here's a guide:

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/prevcut/index.php
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it's already in dvd format then dvdshrink in reauthor mode has the trim feature that would do the trick.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    if it's already in dvd format then dvdshrink in reauthor mode has the trim feature that would do the trick.

Awesome! I have been using DVDShrink for a long time and was never aware of this feature,

Thanks!!
    Quote Quote