I have found verification of Blu-ray BD-RE discs in AVS Video Editor very very slow indeed.

Has anyone experienced this and overcome the problem some way - e.g. got the verification to speed up?

AVS's solution (when they finally got in touch, support slow) is to download a "driver package" to "help the burner recognise the BD structure".

But they don't say anything more about this, simply advising "search the web for the driver package"...and..."Nero has a driver package built in".

I've asked AVS to tell me how they test their software and what burner and "driver package" they use.

My setup is a Windows 7 64bit home premium Quad-core intel i7 1.6-2.8Ghz (fast) 4gb, Nvidia, 7200rpm HP laptop with a LG BE06 LU10 USB 2.0 external Blu-ray burner recorder. I believe this is way beyond adequate to achieve acceptable verification speeds, the actual writing is fast enough - to the maximum 2x for the BD-RE Verbatim media I am using. I've seen the slow verification problem on Windows XP machines also.

LG's support site has no mention of this "driver package".

If AVS are suggesting Nero has this driver package then I might as well create a Blu-ray disc image in AVS Video Editor and burn this in Nero - but then you'd ask why do AVS offer Blu-ray burning if the subsequent verification is very slow.

In general, reading/copying files via Windows Explorer from BD-Rom discs is no problem and is an acceptable transfer speed so why is verification so slow?

Any thoughts?