VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Each Burner must be on it's own channel 1 IDE 1 USB and 2 Sata etc
    Each Hard Drive must also be on its own channel Use a raid card for 4 drives USB and firewire work too try not to use c
    make an image of each disk on each drive do not use vob files
    Use Alcohol 120 and Start 4 instances of the program running on the four sections of your screen
    (size each instance of alcohol 120 to take up 1 quarter of the screen.)
    set buffers to equal the recommended usage on alcohol 120 divided by 4 ie. 120 MB each for 1 Gig RAM Machine
    (Lower buffers is faster as buffers should never dump. Dumping indicates a problem)
    shut off defrag or any other programs using msconfig command.
    This configuration will produce perfect copies with no errors. Any thing less and errors creep in.
    Burning at 8 speed improves quality on older machines and is likely required for quality on them.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What would be the purpose of burning 4 of anything at one time? To give a copy to your friends?
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you take videos at a Jazz Concert run by your club and you wish to make multiple copies for sale to help pay for costs, quality is very important as the last thing you want is freezing coasters.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is still unreliable. Buy a duplicator.

To avoid coasters, only use the best blank DVDs.
    If you're not sure which discs are best, check out the blank DVD review guide.
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. It produces 100 percent quality auto defrag is the number one cause of poor quality
    Quote Quote  
  6. When you can burn 4 at 16 speed with all the buffers remaining full you can safely burn 4 at 8 speed with excellent quality with any media. Most media is equal in quality but some burners prefer certain brands for examle " Never use LG to burn Fugi-Film disks" They'll skip constantly For LG Verbatim is the number one choice. LG also has issues burning HP and Memorex. Its less a quality of media issue and more a design of the burner issue. If you examine the packed information you get with a burner and use the recommended media you'll rarely have problems. Never use the option "Using Multiple DVD/CD-Recorders" it is rarely successful. Put the same image on your 4 drives with the 4 Alcohol 120 windows open and the burn will be perfect
    Quote Quote  
  7. The rule is very simple and cutting corners creates garbage The rule is "EACH BURNER NEEDS ONE HARD DRIVE WITH ITS OWN IMAGE AND EACH NEEDS ITS OWN SEPARATE DATA CHANNEL" That can be IDE, USB, FIREWIRE, SATA and the number one best channel is PCIe with a sata card installed supporting up to 4 burners or hard drives. It's so fast there is rarely buffer lag that can cause errors.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You do not want programs seaching for updates when you're burning so use msconfig to shut off un necessary programs
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by burn master View Post
    ..." Never use LG to burn Fugi-Film disks" They'll skip constantly For LG Verbatim is the number one choice. LG also has issues burning HP and Memorex....
    Means nothing, apart from Verbatim are often the best media to use, all of my LG drives I use to make/burn (4163/4167b/H42N) disks are perfect with older TY made Fuji-film media, I dont bother with the newer Fuji-film discs unless I know who made the disks.
    That is what its all about, you can have the same make/brand name on many different types of media.

LG used to make some of the best writers/burners that it was possible to get, they just dont work very well with cheap, or crap media, and if your data is worth anything to you, use something good. Verbatim are the safe bet all day long, again if your data is worth anything to you make single copies at a time, lower speed are better than higher because the laser has more time to make better pits and lands so you will have lower parity errors and failures (be them inner or outer).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by burn master View Post
    Most media is equal in quality but some burners prefer certain brands for examle "...
    I couldn't disagree with you more, all media is most definitely not equal. In fact most burning issues are due to cheap, bad media. It is true that some burners work better with certain media, but if you have good media (and by good, I mean TY or Verbatim ONLY) they will perform well in any burner.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote