VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i'm a graphic designer and no idea what im doing and looking for someone to help point me to the guide to do the following or else advise me on what i need to do. PLEASE .. i beg

my client has an hour long interview that was on local tv and she wants that broken up into segments to post on youtube. i purchased a program called AVCWare (for Mac) and i've been trying to convert the files over to avi or something i can work with in quicktime. I don't know what VOB files are and the process of what i need to do. i've tried converting the files within the VIDEO_TS folder and i dont get the results i was hoping for.

could someone help point me in the right direction?... to the right guide on here or steps on what i need to do?

apologies for my ignorance but i dont work with video much at all
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vob files are the result of authoring mpeg-2 to dvd spec. inside the vob are still the 720x480 mpeg-2 video if ntsc. the program you bought lists vob as a source format so i don't know what your problem is, you should be able to use the vobs to convert to something the avcware will export.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi.. i've attached a link to a screenshot of the files and the converter program window. The thing is, is that it says that the couple of vob segments are 17 seconds long? wtf.. but when the video plays when the disk is inserted its about an hour long so i do not understand. grr.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    frig.. here's the screenshot for anyone willing to offer some help out there...

http://www.shaunalidtkie.com/videotemp/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ouch. it pretty much sucked at that. if you have access to a pc i'd suggest vob2mpg. it will at least convert the entire dvd - all the vobs - into one continuous mpeg-2 file for you to work with.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote