VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I wanted to make a copy (XVID avi, MP3 stereo sound) of Corpse Bride http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121164/ as I do not have DVD on my device.

However, it is a big problem.
    I tried it first in Avidemux which I used many times for this. It added all the video files without problems and reported that more audio tracks are available. All are AC3 6CH, first was the default one - according to Avidemux it has 80ms shift, other languages have 86ms.

When choosing the firt one, I can play the video in Avidemux correctly, with other ones there seems to be a delay about 10 or more seconds!
    Experiments with setting a shift in Audio panel in Avidemux to 6 or -6ms did not solve anything. I also tried to use AutoGK, but same problem.

Other attempt was to grab the AC3 and the video, convert them and put together later - my friend coverted the AC3 to MP3 and I saved the video from Avidemux to MPEG2. But very strange is, that Avidemux cannot load this mpeg2 video (Virtualdubmod can) and MediaInfo shows the duration about 7 minutes although MPC HC plays it correctly (duration about 1 hour).

I have absolutely no idea where should be problem. OK I could obtain already done DVDrip from the internet, but I am curious and would like to solve this mystery.

thanks

PS: the DVD should be ok. Both MPC HC and VLC play it without any problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try demux the audio tracks with pgcdemux instead and see if it make any difference.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try demux the audio tracks with pgcdemux instead and see if it make any difference.
    Thank you very much,
    I tried pgcdemux and first attempt was succesful. I loaded the video file produced by pgcdemux to Avidemux and chose one of the AC3 audio tracks and it played correctly. And saving to MPEG4-AVC (XVID) with MP3 stereo sound was also successful so it is solved now.

thanks

PS: I had to use mplayer_resize filter to resize the movie to 720x402 or something similar, as Avidemux loads standard DVD 16:9 as 4:3, but this was nothing new for me.
    Quote Quote