Hi , I'm new to video burning from my digital camcorder to pc and dvd stuff, anyway, I have windows basic and it does not come with the DVD Maker, my question is "Is there a way to still burn my home videos to dvd without having to spend a lot of $$?"I get as far as uploading my videos to my pc but can't go any further than that since I don't have the DVD Maker. Please can someone help me???
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
my cam is a sony handycam mini DV DCR - HC21, format wmv
If you don't have a firewire port, get a firewire card. For a desktop it should cost you $15 - 20.
1. WinDV to transfer the footage (free)
2. Windows Movie Maker is fine for basic DV editing. Output as DV AVI, not WMV. (free)
3. AVStoDVD to encode for DVD (free). At this point you can also have AVStoDVD author a disc ready for burning, with basic menus, or
4. DVD Styler to author your DVD with custom menus etc (free)
5. Burn to quality media with Imgburn (free)
So the only $$ outlay is to get a firewire card if you don't have one. The rest can be done for free to a good quality level.Read my blog here.
thanks alot!! I have just installed the firewire card .