VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, Im just wondering how you can tell when/if a dvd burner is bad. I Currently use an LG GH22LP20 burner and as of last night it will not burn faster then 1.6x anymore. Nothing unusual happened, I do think ive burned well over 2k discs on it. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks

BTW I use the latest version of IMGBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I am not surprised. I have a LG DVD player died after 6 months.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably not bad, just running in PIO mode. Delete your primary or secondary IDE controller (whichever the drive is on) or both of them (to be sure) from your device tree and reboot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @GKar- Thanks a lot bro it worked. I removed the drive and updated to latest firmware and everything is running smooth as silk. I have to be honest with you, this is one of the better drives I've ever owned. Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have two of them myself. If you want to get a little more out of them on the ripping side you can try Mediacodespeededit to patch it and get up to 16x read speed out of it, worked for me (depending on the media of course).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks mate, it does work. Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SingSing View Post
    I am not surprised. I have a LG DVD player died after 6 months.
    I'd bet you are pretty damn surprised now though huh? Well maybe not. You've been getting "smacked around"
    and proven dead wrong for quite a while about your alleged bad experience with an LG player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GKar View Post
    It's probably not bad, just running in PIO mode. Delete your primary or secondary IDE controller (whichever the drive is on) or both of them (to be sure) from your device tree and reboot.
    Even easier, the latest ImgBurn has a function to do that: Tools/Reset DMA.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Originally Posted by GKar View Post
    Even easier, the latest ImgBurn has a function to do that: Tools/Reset DMA.
    Yeah, forgot about that. I'm still using the ancient but venerable Nero 6 Ultra.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LG isn't a very good brand/manufacture of burner, no.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't care for the older LG models but I do have a H62L drive which is still working well....in fact it can read some discs that are scratched which my other drives can't....must be cause the read speed is locked...newer models are ok IMHO...I did buy a LG Bluray rom...works fine for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My 3 old LGs are still going strong. My newest is the H58N, next oldest is a 4167B, and the oldest is a 4040B. All still work perfectly. My uncle who owned a car dealership always said "The only thing wrong with that car is that loose nut behind the wheel"....
    Quote Quote