VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

A lot of my rips from DVD are playing strange. I have 2 normal computer speakers (not surround sound) and when playing in VLC, on the quiet bits of movies such as 'people talking' for example, it's very very quiet so i have to turn it up. Then when say an explosion happens (on the movie) it deafens everyone and i have to rush to the speakers to turn it down.

Media Player Classic tends to handle this a bit better but not a great deal!

Is there a function in either VLC or MPC to properly resolve these issues?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Kmplayer, which has a Dynamic Range Compressor (DRC) plugin available. VLC might as well.

Settings->Preferences->Audio codecs->A/52->A/52 Dynamic Range Compression
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Go to your AC3 decoder and set it to downmix to stereo. Also, make sure your sound card's speaker settings are set to stereo.

In MPC: View -> Options -> Internal Filters. In the Transform Filters box double click on AC3. Set AC3 and DTS to Decode To Speakers -> Stereo.

From Control Panel: Sounds and Audio Devices, Volume tab, Speaker Settings -> Advanced -> Desktop Stereo Speakers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe 'Normalize' in MPC 'Audio Switcher'? And with VLC, 'Volume normalizer' in 'Audio Settings'?
    Quote Quote