VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, it's been a while I'm looking up to resolve this problem :

What I'm trying to do is read a m2ts file with subtitles. I tried different combinations :

- With an srt file.
    - Demux the m2ts then try to m2ts remux it with an srt file ( it says can't convert to utf-32 ).
    - Demux the m2ts then try to m2ts remux it with an sup(BD) file ( i can remux it but there are no subtitles then )
    - Demux the m2ts then try to m2ts remux it with an sub file ( won't work )
    - Rename the extension to .m2t or .ts .

Anyway, I've been turning around and I'm tired of not finding answers so I will trade my teddy bear to any suggestions/informations.

I read that the type of extension supported with m2ts is .sup ( PGS ) but I didn't found any program who can convert my .srt to .sup(PGS)..

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are you using to play the file? Subtitle handling varies wildly with the software/hardware player.
    My WD HDTV player will play .srt subs with the same base name as the .m2ts video. iow, movie.m2ts and movie.srt in the same folder.

If worse comes to worse, if you have the .srt you can "burn" the subs into an .mkv using Handbrake. Your question is pretty vague though. How about some specifics?
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi MilesAhead,

Thanks for response, i tried to play it with last VLC (subtitles won't work) and then mplayer osx2 (won't open the file). I'm sorry if i didn't give more specifics, it's because i really suck on that subject + my english is lousy as hell So if you want more details, ask me !

Good evening.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you have the .srt subtitle the best option that will work with everything would be to use Handbrake. It "burns" the subtitle into the video. If a player can play the video, the subtitle will show.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Im having the same problem here. I can play the .m2ts file with VLC player, but it wont load the subtitles with it. Is there any media player that does load the subtitles automaticly of a BD movie? And is there anyone who succeeded in letting the subtitles display while streaming the BD movie to a PS3?
    Quote Quote  
  6. The latest nightly builds of VLC are supposed to have PGS subtitle support. I tried it with .mkv with PGS subs stream but the trouble is if I advance the slider a couple of times looking for a subtitle, it just goes away. They are working on that problem. Eventually it should stabilize.

btw any player with the latest ffmpeg is supposed to have PGS subtitle support now since it's build into ffmpeg. I tried a couple of players such as smplayer and they were just too quirky and fragile to use.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Im not getting any subtitles.
    I tried VLC and media player classic. I've got the latest ffmpeg and i playes a little with the settings and still..
    Media player classic does recognize the presence of the subtitles but doesnt show them. I do however get subtitles with the preview in DVDFAB, but thats software for ripping dvd/blu-ray discs.
    Quote Quote