VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I recently had a hard drive failure--had to reformat etc... Am a longtime subscriber to the above...the old school version..where you paid once for life...I'm not ready to jump to Blu-Ray yet...

Looking at Slysoft website it looks like they are not just going to email it to me... Is this true?

I backed up programs etc. 6 months or so ago to an external HD...is it on there somewhere and how do I find it?

anybody been to this party?

Thanks,

bhb
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the license file is a text file in the slysoft folder that starts with key.XXXXXX probably in your email also from when they sent it to you. you have a backup of the email database, right? if all else fails go to their support section fill out the email form and beg. they might send you a new key.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here on Video Help, if you visit too section probably you will find tons of FRee tools which performs far better than paid tools which need license or a key or serial number.

I guess i have saw a similar tool like DVDClone on Mr.Bass.org website DVD2DVD or something like that.
    personally i use DVDDecryptor + DVD43 + DVDShrink + ImgBurn (I LOVE THAT)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^Those programs are not able to bypass the newer copy encryption on newer dvd movies.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If bhbuckeye purchased the license back before the switch to the different licensing options then the license has been grandfathered and will remain valid for the lifetime of the program development. There is still a lifetime option anyway. There is no begging required to get a replacement for a lost license keys as long as a valid license was previously purchased. The same holds true for CloneDVD. It always helps to understand how things work. Take a look at the official Slysoft forums and you'll see people lose their keys all the time and get them replaced.

Here's the Slysoft contact page: http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html

Visit that page and use the "Lost license key" option from the drop-down menu to request the replacement keys. If for some reason there is a problem then use the drop-down menu and select "Common enquiry" and request help obtaining a replacement key.
    Last edited by HemLok; 7th Apr 2010 at 04:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No problem, my HD crashed a year ago and I just emailed slysoft and Elby (that's how old my license is). They had it on record and sent me the key.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote