VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using a button from the selection provide with the program, the image is not displayed in the Titleset Menu Manager.
    After authoring the DVD, the button (in this case, the checkmark) only becomes visible when the mouse is passed over that area of the screen.
    On the standalone player, pressing the ▼ down key on the remote causes the checkmark to become visible.
    The button functions OK when selected - it just not showing up when the menu is first displayed.
    This is a motion menu, but the problem is the same when creating a still.

Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2010-03-14-13h46m26s240.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	844  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Resolved:
    'liquid 217' responded with this email.

Yes, what you are describing is the correct behavior for the GUI. BMP buttons are used as overlays only. (hightlight, and select overlays specifically). Your 'hotspot' that you position it to, should have the text or whatever you are selecting in the actual m2v: The gui will not actually preview that button on the screen, but show you the relative size to help you position it. Please refer to my guide here:
    http://download.videohelp.com/liquid217/dvdauthorgui.pl?p=guide1

As far as your timeout issue, be sure to make your menu long enough for the user to select an option (or at least, make the pause option long enough). I recommend at least 30 seconds or more. If you are using a motion menu, select the option to loop the menu.
    Last edited by sambat; 14th Mar 2010 at 20:24. Reason: Problem Resolved.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sambat or liquid217,

Where is this option to loop a motion menu? I can't find it. I've been doing it afterwards using PGCEdit but, naturally, would like to get it right in the first place.

liquid217,

When I open a DVDAuthorGUI muxed DVD in PGCEdit afterwards I get hit immediately with warnings. See the attached screenshot. I'll also enclose the project file, although it happens with every DVD I author with the program, and no matter whether using the default or the alternate muxer. The DVDs seem to play OK, but I'm wondering if it's important, and what I can do to make it go away:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDAuthorGUI.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	848  

Quote Quote  
  4. Here's the project file (rename it as .dva):
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The RAR is empty.
    The little clock thingy has the loop option.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks, sambat. You've made some with motion menus, right? Do you get the same warning when opening the DVD in PGCEdit?

And that RAR file is a renamed DVA project file. I can't upload those so I renamed it as RAR. If you download it and rename it as Bela.dva, then you can open it in Notepad and take a look. I just tested and I managed to download it OK. I enclosed it in case liquid217 might find it useful.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't get an error message loading my DVD into PgcEdit - but my motion menu typically has one or two buttons with no chapter menu - it's much simpler than your script:thus.
    --------------------------------------------------
    DVDAuthorGUI 1.016c - 1/10/2009
    C:\Documents and Settings\Superuser\Desktop\project\Main Title for DVD\VideoFile.m2v/C:\Documents and Settings\Superuser\Desktop\project\Main Title for DVD\AudioFile_80.ac3
    00:00:00.00
    C:\Documents and Settings\Superuser\Desktop\_dgindex\bird.m2v/C:\Documents and Settings\Superuser\Desktop\_dgindex\bird T80 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
    0 00:00:00.0 00:00:00.0 7 1 <loop current menu> unnamed
    menu01: 332/ 169/ 432/ 220/jump title 1 chapter 1/black/red/0/0
    call menu
    <none>
    center,bottom,60,60,30,30,28.0,arial.ttf,720,478,2 9.97,ISO-8859-1,BF8080:108080:108080|
    jump titleset 1 menu
    NTSC
    False
    False
    -----------------------------------------
    BTW, I PM'd liquid127 from the DVDAuthorGUI site and got a response very quickly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks again. I get the warning only with the main motion menu, the chapter menus are static and don't cause warnings. These are music compilation DVDs I've been putting together, and the main menu has 2 buttons, one to play all, and the other to select a song which then goes to the first chapter menu. I guess I must be doing something slightly wrong, then. Thanks for answering.
    Quote Quote