Hi folks,

I thought I would post this here since it took hours of scouring the web to find the right info.

The remote hack listed for the Momitsu 899 does not work for the Momitsu 799. I tried all variations I could find of the 899 hack with no luck. Here's the correct hack for the 799:

1. Make sure no disc is in the drive, and the tray is closed. (Took me awhile to figure out that last bit!)
2. On the remote, push 8751+A+B
A= DVD region code
B=Blu-Ray region code

And for "A" at least, "0" does not work as an all-region code.

When I first got the thing, it wouldn't play certain DVDs - took me awhile to figure out that it was set to another region, and was rejecting my region 1 discs. I've heard that the 899 will actually tell you that's why it's rejecting a disc, giving you some screen saying something about the region. The 799 however will not do that - the little spinning disc icon in the top right of the screen just quickly flashes with the letters "dvd" next to it, then automatically ejects the disc. I thought I had a couple of badly scratched DVDs until the region thing occurred to me.

I found a post on some other forum (can't remember which! sorry!) where some other guy figured out the same thing, and had to change the region to region 1 so he could play his American dvds. That's where I found the correct code for the 799.

Anyway, since most of the posts here and on other forums I found listed the hack for the 899 (9751+a+b) as working for the 799, I figured I should let you guys know that it doesn't work - at least on mine.

thanks
ojo