VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a Sony DW-Q28A dvd burner and always worked perfectly for years.
    But now I cannot burn DVD+R anymore.
    I tried it with Nero and IMGBurn. IMGBurn doesn't give an error and the dvd looks burned, but I cannot play the dvd on my computer or on the stand alone dvd player.
    Today I tried a DVD-RW with IMGBurn and no problem.

I also found the firmware for the burner, but I get this message:
    "No matched drive detected. This utility is only for Sony DVD-RW DW-Q28A drive. Detected drives: (0) "

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong and how to get the firmware working?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If older firmware is available (Or newer firmware) you can try that. But generally firmware shouldn't cause the problem you mention, unless you changed your DVD media recently and what you are using isn't compatible with the burner. Still, you should have gotten an error in the ImgBurn burn log. If you didn't, then maybe time to replace the burner. But I would try some different brands of DVD media and see if that helps first.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    If older firmware is available (Or newer firmware) you can try that. But generally firmware shouldn't cause the problem you mention, unless you changed your DVD media recently and what you are using isn't compatible with the burner. Still, you should have gotten an error in the ImgBurn burn log. If you didn't, then maybe time to replace the burner. But I would try some different brands of DVD media and see if that helps first.

And welcome to our forums.
    Thank you Redwudz.
    I tried different brands of dvd's and no luck.
    But it is strange that I get the error message when trying to get the firmware installed.
    I guess you're right about the burner, I start looking for a new one.
    Quote Quote