VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello-

I was just wondering what a good software choice would be for me. I'm looking for something I can use to burn my data (text/images/files/etc) and to make playable DVDs with the video's I have on my PC, with menu options. I've tried DVD Flick and while it pretty much did what I wanted I would like a little more. I was considering Nero 9 or perhaps Roxio or Corel Video Studio. Which of these would I be better off with? I'm leaning towards Nero or Roxio but I read some reviews (on amazon heh) on them and people seemed a little displeased with them. Thank you in advance for any help.

Edit: Oh, some of the video files are .mkv's and .mds/.mdf files, so something that will work with these would be good heh.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Skip Nero or Roxio. They are just substandard bloatware for the most part.

For all your burning needs you need go no further than Imgburn. It will burn pretty much anything you throw at is, and it will do so reliably. It also requires very little space to work.

For conversion and authoring it depends on what sources you are working with. If you are looking to convert different formats to DVD without the need to edit, and are happy with relatively simple authoring options, AVS2DVD (free) or ConvertXtoDVD (payware) would be top of my list.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote