VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all ,,,

I want to know how to paste IDX Subtitle on MKV movie ,,, to make it play with the movie on samsung LCD
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't know about playing on the Samsung lcd but I have used MKVmerge to mux idx/subs into a MKV. You don't put both the idx and sub into the program. You just insert the idx and the program finds the sub if it is in the same folder and inserts it.

Also, most players will play external idx/subs if they have the same name as the MKV file and they are in the same folder.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by cal_tony View Post
    Don't know about playing on the Samsung lcd but I have used MKVmerge to mux idx/subs into a MKV. You don't put both the idx and sub into the program. You just insert the idx and the program finds the sub if it is in the same folder and inserts it.

Also, most players will play external idx/subs if they have the same name as the MKV file and they are in the same folder.

Tony
    thx tony for ur replay,,, but look ,, I want to paste IDX or SRT Subtitle with MKV file to make the movie and the subtitle in one file(MKV) to play the movie on samsung LCD with the Subtitle ,,, I want to make the subtitle and the movie in one peace because my samsung LCD don't play IDX subtitle ,,, it can play SRT but with bad font ,,, because all of that I want to paste the subtitle with the MKV ,,, I try MKVmerge ,, it mux the IDX with the mkv ,, but when I play the movie in the PC or LCD subtitle doesn't show ,,, and I don't know why??? plz help me
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you our subtitle section. And you don't have to make the text bold and huge...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It would depend on a number of things including what the MKV resolution is. Where did it come from and where did the idx/sub come from? Also how are you playing it?

If you were able to mux the idx/sub into the MKV does MediaInfo show it?

You can generally check out the compatibility of the idx/sub using one of the computer software players. (MPhc,KMplayer and SMplayer. make sure the idx/subs are the same name as the MKV. These players will also play external subs.

Hope this helps

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try Handbrake. I believe it burns the subs into the video stream.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote