VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Just purchased http://global.dymo.com/enUS/DiscPainter/default.html and wondering if anyone has any experience with it ? Plan on trying this weekend...
    The answer is always easy for the person who has it....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Crap, that's expensive! I bought a Canon ip4500 for about $100-110 (don't remember exactly) and a disc tray on Ebay for about $20 and I can do the same thing. I'm getting excellent results on Taiyo Yuden's Watershield discs. I'm not sure what you're expecting to get that a cheaper printer setup couldn't do for you. I did buy Acoustica's label making program for 20-something dollars, but still, I spent more than $100 less than you and I'd put up my solution against yours. The only way you win is if you use less ink than me or your ink is much cheaper to refill.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've done cheep before. Went through 3 epson DVD printers in 3 years. When you do several hundred a year, it makes a difference. I guess i'll post a review this weekend after trying it out. I like the fact there there is no possibility of misalignment like a tray based printer can ..I'll also look at your solution...Thanks
    The answer is always easy for the person who has it....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried JVC photo grade media? TY watershields and/or JVC make a huge difference. I've seen an improvement over all other media (including printable TYs and Verbatims) using the same printer: Epson R280, Epson Artisan 800 - both using Claria ink.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Crap, that's expensive! I bought a Canon ip4500 for about $100-110 (don't remember exactly) and a disc tray on Ebay for about $20 and I can do the same thing. I'm getting excellent results on Taiyo Yuden's Watershield discs. I'm not sure what you're expecting to get that a cheaper printer setup couldn't do for you. I did buy Acoustica's label making program for 20-something dollars, but still, I spent more than $100 less than you and I'd put up my solution against yours. The only way you win is if you use less ink than me or your ink is much cheaper to refill.
    I have had a fantastic experience with the Dymo Disc Painter. It is much quicker then any slot system inkjet printer, and the quality is amazing. Try using Taiyo Yuden Water Shield Glossy printable discs, it is photo quality paper on a disc.
    You can find refill kits for this unit and Dymo finally got its act together and released the software and drivers for a 64 bit operating system. The unit is extremely small and the software is like using Photoshop Elements...but for disc labels. Keep in mind that these printers were designed to only print on discs, and it has already won me over on its longevity.
    Quote Quote