VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I typically use VirtualDub to capture TV / video stuff with my capture card, and that works fine. Since FFDShow also decodes most codecs, I don't install anything else, because I don't need it.

However, I'm trying to record some Half-Life 2 gameplay videos. The game engine supports saving directly to AVI, and it shows a list of installed codecs, but it doesn't show the FFDShow tab. So, I want to install XviD so it shows up there, but I have no idea if installing it will conflict with FFDShow since I use it to decode video.

So um. Will it? Or won't it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have Xvid + ffdshow installed on my system. Works absolutely fine for me. Even when I had DivX installed additionally...no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ooh, neat!

I just wanted to make sure because I've heard absolute horror stories about people installing stuff like CCCP... I think that was the name, anyway, and then they had lots of problems getting videos to play.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote