VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have firefox and two separate plugins for it and it still cannot download it. It is a streaming video and a advertisement will always start before the video. I tried to download it but it comes as 0 bytes. It is a new type of streaming I have not encountered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMpIp9LHeqY

Anyone knows how to get it?

I also tried replay media capture and it could not get a link. Very odd.
    Last edited by DVDONE; 7th Mar 2010 at 05:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately blocked over here, but I would try download helper and firefox
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try a UK proxy to see it. Does not work with any firefox plugin. I tried them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried Zamzar.com two times.
    Seemed to convert, but then when I checked my email, there was a problem. If Zamzar can't get your video, I wouldn't know what to do. (see following error message)
    There was a problem converting your file - We attempted to perform the conversion you requested from flv to avi but unfortunately the conversion failed - our support team have been notified and are looking into the problem. Please click here if you would like to try and perform your conversion again. Conversion failed for the following file:
    status=fail.flv
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube has done something this time to prevent people from downloading it. There must be a way around.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DVDONE View Post
    There must be a way around.
    OK....what is the way around?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, other then recording the video through a screen recorder, there must be a software that can detect where the stream is coming from and give us a working link to download. As of now, I have not come across such a software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now why is it that my "youtube downloaders" work on most of the videos but not on the one I have posted?

This is not a complicated issue but simply figuring out a way around it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try keepvid.com

Don't know if it works in the uk or not. Simply copy and paste the url of the youtube video and you can download the flv or mp4 file (if it has an mp4 version). It should be the actual link you get when you are watching the video on youtube itself.

Edit _ I tried it myself but got this message with your link:

This video contains content from Channel 5, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

But try keepvid.com and good luck.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tried keepvid but nothing comes.

Error message:

Sorry, downloading has been disabled for this video, or we could not retreive the video.

Now, I maybe wrong but I think that video is hosted some where else while being streamed through youtube as a relay or youtube has encoded the link and this is what this thread is for. To figure out a way to decode the link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am telling you that this is a new format and way to block us from downloading.
    Quote Quote  
  12. You might try the trialware called Wm capture (see screenshot)
    http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_capture.php
    I have Wm capture (easy to find on the web), but I can't use it because youtube is blocked in China and I don't have much CPU/memory (which that software requires). I'm really curious to know if you can use it to get your video.
    Image Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimdagys; 7th Mar 2010 at 10:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVDONE View Post
    Now why is it that my "youtube downloaders" work on most of the videos but not on the one I have posted?

This is not a complicated issue but simply figuring out a way around it.
    You can get your own video's back in Youtube. Watch in settings my video's. There should be a button Download MP4
    The flag once raised will never fall!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    You might try the trialware called Wm capture (see screenshot)
    http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_capture.php
    I have Wm capture (easy to find on the web), but I can't use it because youtube is blocked in China and I don't have much CPU/memory (which that software requires). I'm really curious to know if you can use it to get your video.

Wm capture looks exactly like Replay Video Capture. Exactly the same. That's what I am using to record the screen but I can't browse while it is recording because it will record what is on screen.

@ Abas-Avara, I don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Don`t know if you've tried this ? but works on 95% windows based pc`s.Its FREE and very very easy to use.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm
    Quote Quote  
  16. ...but I can't browse while it is recording because it will record what is on screen.
    I don't understand why you can't refrain from browsing a few minutes while you do the screen capture to get your video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    ...but I can't browse while it is recording because it will record what is on screen.
    I don't understand why you can't refrain from browsing a few minutes while you do the screen capture to get your video.
    Me either. Do you want the freakin video or not?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried it just to see but for me in Canada I can't even play it.

"blah blah blah Channel 5 blocked blah blah blah copyright"
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Obviously to get copyright content from providers outside the normal tube-kiddies google have had to promise and provide a better level of download protection. Once the demand for these videos increases, someone will provide a clean method of grabbing them if possible. You may have to simply be patient (which sounds like it may be difficult for you) until this happens.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They may roll this method out to a lot of videos and then take down the videos after a while without any one downloading them. I am trying to find the best way to get them before they are taken down for good. So you can see my lack of patience. So far, capturing the screen has been the best way for now. I will keep trying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Got it. Works with http://any-flv-downloader.com

No screen capture needed. However, it has to be recorded in real time because it is streaming constantly.

Thanks kkol123

Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Since you got it, can you post a link to your download of the video?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	760  

Last edited by jimdagys; 8th Mar 2010 at 04:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure if I am allowed to do that here. Am I?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't view the video either, but I suspect it's rtmpe encrypted. Adobe has gone after more legal programs that tried to allow downloading of this type of streaming.

This appears to be a new program - and free for now. Tried it myself on the youtube video below, and it worked. That youtube video below is rtmpe encrypted and normal download methods do not work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhAF1W6D2g

The trial version of the program below also works, but I never wanted to pay for the full version, because you have to email the author to purchase - a little suspicious:
    http://www.getflv.net/purchase.html

In other words, these programs from foreign countries that can download rtmpe flash videos are under the legal radar.

Get the free one above - now - while you still can. That free program is definitely from a foreign country - as evidenced by the broken English in their forum - and messages generated by the program itself.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got it. any-flv-download

There is no such thing as a full thing. They think they will prevent people from downloading by encryption but someone will always find a way around.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  26. It's funny; usually "KEEPVID" and similar sites have fixed it soon after YOUTUBE changes something.

It hasn't worked for a couple weeks at least .

Those .mp4 files were sure nice.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I don't think KeepVid has ever worked for any RTMPE stream. Given that they are based in the USA an army of lawyers will swoop down on them with DMCA C&D letters if they ever do.

Notice that StreamTransport.com (the producers of Any FLV Downloader) are based in China where American lawyers can't touch them. Just like all the other anti-encryption products.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Mar 2010 at 07:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WOW!! Jagabo, that is deep. It would be great to find out more Chinese products.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Keepvid is now an official piad software. Tried every other software and video download site I could think of and nothing worked. Guess will need to wait until someone figures out a way to break-in the defences.
    Quote Quote