VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have been digitizing a lot of VHS tapes PAL/NTSC to DVD and blu-ray, now I have left with a lot of VHS tapes that I don't need anymore I was thinking about recording some new stuff on those tapes for fun, my hardware is Edirol VMC-1 (firewire capture device with TBC) with video composite in/output, what kind of software or application that allows me to grab a digital video file and send it out through firewire (iLink) to VMC-1 and then to my VCR, the VMC-1 is kind of outdated but I still have hope to find the software that work with it with your help guys.
    Tried adobe premiere pro CS4 I could capture but not the other way arround, export to tape is greyed out.
    Last edited by totomomo; 6th Mar 2010 at 06:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Try WinDV or DVIO.
    WinDV doesn't recognize my device and gives an error, DVIO stops responding when I hit send video to camera, so I guess I'm out of luck, I will probabely use my HDX 1000 media player and hook up the VCR to it through RCA composite output.
    Last edited by totomomo; 7th Mar 2010 at 02:32.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reusing tapes is rarely a good idea. Lot of under-signal issues pop up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Reusing tapes is rarely a good idea. Lot of under-signal issues pop up.
    I generally agree with that assessment. However it sounds like the original poster is not concerned with quality is only using this as a test project for the heck of it.

My only suggestion would be to consider saving the ones that are the most important to you. Ones that you might consider recapturing again in the future with new hardware or new recording formats. For others that you truly don't care about keeping the originals than go ahead and use those.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote