VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone. So I ran into this problem the other night and need some advice on what to do. Currently I maintain my DVD's as ripped copies on a network drive(TS folder with VOB files). When we want to watch a movie or TV series I just navigate to my videos in Windows media center 2005 XP, and click on the movie/DVD that we want to watch. Last night I clicked on the arrested development season 1 disk 1 and was sad to see it said something like wrong country code. As it stands now, I rip my DVD's to the network using DVD43 to decrypt on the fly and 1clickDVDcopy. I though that when the DVD was decrypted, it would also remove the country code restriction. What is happing with my system?
    Thanks
    Steve
    Quote Quote  
  2. That problem usually only crops up when trying to watch PAL versions disks on a US TV or DVD player (NTSC) Computers usually do not complain about that. If the computer is complaining, I would drop DVD43 ( not reliable ) and try AnyDVD or DVDFab for the decryption processor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OldMan64 View Post
    That problem usually only crops up when trying to watch PAL versions disks on a US TV or DVD player (NTSC) Computers usually do not complain about that. If the computer is complaining, I would drop DVD43 ( not reliable ) and try AnyDVD or DVDFab for the decryption processor.
    Thanks for the help. These DVD's are U purchased with country code #1. They were ripped to a hard drive via HP pavilion with a LG dvd drive. I did not realize that DVD43 was not reliable. Which of the two products (AnyDVD or DVDFab) would you say was more reliable? Any other freeware (DVDdecrypter?) that could be reliable?

Steve
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the encryption is not current or complicated DVDdecrypter may work OK. IMHO AnyDVD is the better but not free. They do offer a 21 day free trial, however. DVDFab has a free ripper but for the most part it should work OK also. Try them to see if they fix the problem. If that does not work, something else is going on. Come back for more help.
    Quote Quote