VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy all,

A friend sent me a link yesterday and I became extremely intrigued: http://www.michaelmarantz.com/motion/phish.html . Does anyone know how to string photos together or edit a movie so that you can create this delayed type of effect?

I assume there is a program out there that allows you to separate frames from a movie, but maybe someone can enlighten me on the subject. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Step 1 : Take lots and lots of photos in relatively quick succession
    Step 2 : Load as an image sequence in Vitrualdub or After Effects or Premiere etc
    Step 3 : Save as video

You could use an avisynth script to kill off every nnn frames, then play with the frame rate to try to recreate the effect from an existing video. It may take several passes to remove all the frames required.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might also have some luck searching for the term time-lapse (photography), and maybe stop-motion animation as well. (Not sure about the latter, but I mentioned it because you did use the word 'delayed.' )
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You guys rock! Cheers.
    Quote Quote