VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for programs where you can download any video from sites like youtube,ebaums,revver,dailymotion,etc and make them mpegs,avi's,etc. Anyone have any suggestions? right now Real Player is the only one,but i don't know if it downloads as a .ram or .rm file,or if it's a .flv file. if it is a .flv file,how do i convert,or is it autodone? etc. Let me know. Thanks for your time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firefox and this:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006
    Just disable the plugin/add on when not in use....it doesn't function 100% with the newest Firefox version....at least not for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. if downloadhelper doesn't always work,not sure if that would be wise or not. If you think it will be ok though,i'll try it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bamahusker View Post
    if downloadhelper doesn't always work,not sure if that would be wise or not. If you think it will be ok though,i'll try it.
    It hasn't caught up to the newest version of Firefox yet...that's all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well i don't know. I hate to take chances like that. *confused*
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have no issues with download helper in FF 3.6, however none of these will work with all sites. Some sites go out of their way to obfuscate the true location of the videos, so you may have to use several different programs to cover all bases.

Of course if you are unwilling to take even low risk chances to find a solution, you may as well give up now. Many of these sites change how they do things regularly to try to protect their content, so you will always be playing catch up and having to constantly update the software you use. No risk, no play.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. i know. a lot of programs like vdownloader are good but they only work for a couple of places like youtube and one or 2 others and that's it. not too many work with a ton of them,it looks like. oh well
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Download helper supports almost 300 sites at last count
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. i don't even have firefox right now. i am using IE 8. if i used firefox on it though,does it truly download to the file i want? or do i have to convert it to a file i want? there is a version for IE but only 3 are supported.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Download helper supports almost 300 sites at last count
    And every day a number of sites switch to encrypted RTMP protocol so Download Helper no longer works for them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like I said earlier, you have to keep it updated, and nothing does everything.

Downloader Helper has a built-in converter, so you can convert the files as you download them. Be awrae though that most of these files are pretty average quality, and converting them yet again will only reduce that quality even more.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. i guess it'll inform me when there is an update. if so,that's no problem. but i would only need the convertor once. why convert twice? hehe. Anyway,if Download Helper is the best,i'll look into that one. Thankis again for your help. I hope i didn't bug you,or anything.
    Quote Quote  
  13. If Download Helper ever cracks the encrypted RTMP protocol a swarm of lawyers from Adobe will descend upon them. Just like it happened at Replay Media Catcher. For encrypted RTMP streams you'll need to use screen capture utilities.
    Quote Quote