VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was recording to MP4 H.264 with my digital camera and memory card failed. Camera was capturing video and generating stream but the resulted file (big as usual) is just trash without headers and not playable by camera nor computer software.

This is what good file looks like (the beginning)

Code:
    ....ftypMSNV.+.XMSNVmp42isom...”uuidPROF!ŇOλ.i\úÉÇ@............FPRF...............,APRF........mp4a...).......€...€..»€.......4VPRF........avc1.M.(.......p..>€..řS..řS...Đ......S.mdat.............€ŻČ.....ŻČ....@€..........$h.....€.......Ä€..*[%.„._.o.!K?ü<Ç}5}D..MŕIÇ]¸QSŕ@q9ZŇxž4éśÓ ‹â?ŚŐŘLRÎŢ:%Bł.şů'yý\ů„!÷îůą2¤CMż.g.+©Ě¨“.„.3‡{cäwřĘ–u.©.˙ÇjVäŤé»..ă{Úp=ˇ.Ľ3mR.SŠWŁim>-m¸N‚Č‚…ú.çę˘ć)b.Ú.uâ‡˙`.ů".†¤qGD‘óF.@… .Ż{!ŚĹŻřď.ÇaŢdÇ–ý:ţ#Őň.H.¬®1â.Ĺ.ĄMÚp\Á´¶ű‡z.^‘.ô..ÚN.
    and that's broken one

Code:
    ...."090.....+......)002)3+)....11) ....!’.Š».).ş‰.................................(............)00!...).......€...€..»€.......0............!2#1...(.......0..:€..¸...¸..........*¸.) !0.............€«......«......€.......... (.....€.......€€.."»!.€...± ..»«‚#“: .±«“š±9.(»1.‘ą‰...‰.Š2..¸‹.şˇŠ.8".;8.. +©.“2¸€..˘*±+¨‚±ąŠ.ą› ¸şŞ3...“91¸Ł#ł( .’’±.3*.‰.).».“.:..3˛Š.°.Ş.!.€(»#©›˘’’..1.1.10«.:..˘"(.˛.˘9›!..(’8#..*.!±..‰.(2«“)"".+ .¸.‰‰..›.. 9 ¸."ą¨!Š..:..Š1*›¨Ł. ˛ €...
    it is evident that density of data stream is lower and I would say good bye and delete these but first I would like to
    get some information if there is any slight chance to retrieve any usable data like for example audio only as I see there
    is and may be huge problem with video
    Quote Quote  
  2. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/317035-Fix-MP4-file-I-will-pay-for-your-services?p=...=1#post1962402
    Even with the first cluster of the file obliterated it still might be possible to recover other parts of the video. As you know the beginning of the file usually has information about the video and much of that information is exactly the same as in other videos from the camera. You might be able to copy the header data from a similar sized (or longer) MP4 file and then use some mp4 repair utility to extract usable parts of the file. I don't deal much with MP4 so I can't recommend anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/317035-Fix-MP4-file-I-will-pay-for-your-services?p=...=1#post1962402
    Even with the first cluster of the file obliterated it still might be possible to recover other parts of the video. As you know the beginning of the file usually has information about the video and much of that information is exactly the same as in other videos from the camera. You might be able to copy the header data from a similar sized (or longer) MP4 file and then use some mp4 repair utility to extract usable parts of the file. I don't deal much with MP4 so I can't recommend anything.
    sure but it is obvious for me that not only headers are missing but also some parts of data; in normal files there is a lot of data and here random stuff and then nothing, then again random stuff etc. so maybe audio is in here or maybe tons of crap
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jazzzy View Post
    sure but it is obvious for me that not only headers are missing but also some parts of data
    Having a header that matches what should be in the file is a place to start. That might get you to the point where you can use some other tool to open the file and salvage some of the data. Many programs can recover after encountering corrupt data in a video file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all, came to notice your post on the corrupted mp4 video file. Would you please shed some light for my corrupted mp4 video file too? Just one file (13.3MB) which I took during my trip to Thailand from a mobile phone. I have tried all my best in searching up google for many solutions thus it didn't help. I guess my best bet is to add the mp4 header which I have completely no idea where to copy and paste it into.
    I hope you can help me or point me in the right direction on fixing this.

Million of thanks..... Appreciate your kind help.
    Quote Quote