Specs:
DVD PLAYER: LG DVS400H
HARD DRIVE: WD 320 GB (FAT 32 FORMAT)

Hi,

For months I've been successfully using my hard drive with my dvd layer through the USB interface. 2 weeks ago I got a new macbok pro laptop and for the first time the hard drive was used with a non-windows based system to transfer files to the new machine. The format of the HD was not changed and remained FAT 32. However the next time I tried to use it with the DVD player i was unable to enter the hard drive and browse the contents. In fact, it seemed that the hard drive was now 'crashing' the dvd player, which needed to be plugged out in order to reboot it.

The DVD player does recognise a different flash disc drive and is working fine with normal DVDs. LG have told me that only their blu ray players work with HDs over 4-8 GB but this does not appear to be correct since I was using my 320 GB drive for months with the machine.

Ultimately it appears that using the HD with a Mac has altered it in some way even though the drive has not been reformatted - it seems like too much of a coincidence and it was working just fine with the DVD player right up to before i introduced it to the mac. Does anyone know what i can do to start using this with my DVD player once again. It's very frustrating!

Thanks in advance
Karl