VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, I wanted to know to add a watermark to a video but it moves around for a few second, so that way it can't be blocked or covered up

If any one wants to see an example I can show you.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How annoying. It will of course stop people copying your files, because no-one will want to watch them with a logo bouncing around.

But if you must, you must.

Create an annoying bouncy video with a black bacground in your favourite editor, or if you don't have one, use Windows Movie Maker and output as DV AVI (given you have not provided any computer specs in your profile, I will assume you use Windows, if not, use whatever ships with your OS), then sue avisynth's overlay command to composite over the video as necessary.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey thanks for the reply, I will try what you have suggested, but umm I use sony vegas 9 and avs video editor, also I just recently got after effects to play around with and adobe premier, I will use what ever software i need to in order to accomplish what i need.

here is a sample of what i am looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JoUYI5PpbE

that logo that says alloo that keeps movinng stops and then moves. I am looking to accomplish something like that.

thank you so much.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by abas18 View Post
    here is a sample of what i am looking for.

I cannot view it.

"this video is private"

Anyways, an animated logo should be easy to do in Vegas or After Effects .
    Quote Quote  
  5. nope... "invalid secret token"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Still no go

If you have Vegas, just create your clip, put it on the timeline above your video in Vegas, add a Mask Generator Event FX to the clip, and play around with the settings
    Last edited by guns1inger; 27th Feb 2010 at 23:10.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. [joke]

and for every post like this there is another post asking "how to remove moving logo on video"

[/joke]
    Quote Quote  
  8. so sorry, this should work now.

thank you guys

that's funny about the post requesting how to remove logo's i use to ask that too before lol.

anyways here is the link

Quote Quote  
  9. are you talking about the "alloo" with the rotating ring?

for moving the entire logo up, you just animate using keyframes this is simple to do in vegas, premiere or AE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just use a non-activated version of AVS4you and you to can have a huge watermark in the middle of your video

See my previous post re: Vegas. All you have to do is create your logo video, or create a still frame and animate in Vegas with Track Motion and keyframes
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks guys yeah I was talking about the alloo logo thing anyways I would preffer to have something like that then a huge logo in the middle, can anyone refer to me to a guide or tutorial, I have only been using Vegas for a week now, iam still new to it. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A simple moving image in Vegas.

1. Create a simple logo in Photoshop/Paintshop Pro/Paint.net/Gimp etc with a transparent background and save it as a PNG file.
    2. Open your video onto a timeline in Vegas
    3. Open your still image onto a timeline in Vegas. Drag this timeline to the top of the list so it is above you video.

4. Drag the image clip out to the length of the first cycle
    5. Click on Track Motion (look it up in the help menu). You get the first keyframe automatically.
    6. Drag the time slider along to when you want the logo to be at the top of it's climb.
    7. Drag the frame in the Track Motion window up so that the logo moves to where you want it to be. Note that a new keyframe has been added to the timeline
    8. Drag the time slider to when you wan the cycle to end
    9. Drag the frame in the Track Motion window back to where it was at the start to create a looped animation. Note the new keyframe. Close the Track Motion window.

10. Add a short fade in and fade out to the image clip if you don't want the logo to simply pop on and off

11. Right-click on the image and select Copy. Click further along the timeline, then right-click and select Paste to create a new copy of the logo, with keyframes. Repeat as often as you want the logo to appear.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's been a while since I used after effects, but you have to click the clock in the next to the position of the image you are using for your logo and then use either a wiggle expression ie wiggle(120,120), or random(120,120). Check this out http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ebberts_dan/ae6_exp.php.
    Quote Quote  
  14. THank you so much gun slinger and everyone else. Can't thank you enough
    Quote Quote  
  15. So i got it finally in vegas, but the logo is moving so so so slow, how can i make it move faster?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bring the keyframes closer together. You can adjust them on the main timeline under the clip (little dots) or back in Track Motion where you created them.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  17. the simplest way to do this, is to have your logo printed on a tee shirt...and just move around a lot! I guarantee this will work.
    (As usual...the simplest answer is the best!)
    Quote Quote