VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. A few months ago I posted about demuxing audio from mp4 and I wanted to find a better solution to extract audio from an mp4 to a wav. While the suggested tool, TFM audio tool works great, I still wanted to find a better solution so I could demux video with the same tool. TSremux is a great tool but only gets me 90% of the way.

My research and googling has lead me to this solution: MPUI (mplayer front end for windows)

I read with the mplayer command line you can extract audio and video with the audio "dumping" to a PCM wave file. That is exactly what I want. But I like GUI's better.

So can anyone show me how to use the mpui/smplayer to DUMP the audio and video with the audio becoming a PCM wav file. I read mplayer can do this. Do you know if the SMplayer/mpui can do this? Or can it only be accomplished in the mplayer.exe command line ?

Thanks for your help.

Whoops almost forgot some important needed info. The mp4 video type is a h.264/mp4 avc (audio is aac) . And the extracted video should be raw h.264 for dgavc. I almost forgot that. I did not want people searching for my old article in the archives. It's been revived twice. LOL

Also forgot to inform the reader that mpui and smplayer are two different programs.
    Last edited by Krelmaneck; 27th Feb 2010 at 14:57. Reason: forgot specific details
    Quote Quote