VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I used Sefy's DVD-VCD guide to create my first SVCD. I've came across two problems:

I selected 16.9 format because the movie is widescreen, but after testing the movie on TV it is displayed as full screen. What format option do I select in TMPGenc to get letterbox? Is there a manual for the TMPGenc program, or something that describes what each aspect ratio means?

I selected SVCD, and the quality is really good. The sound is also synched fine, but when there is medium to fast motion, jitterness appears. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any help, this is my first attempt in VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DLuft
    I used Sefy's DVD-VCD guide to create my first SVCD. I've came across two problems:

I selected 16.9 format because the movie is widescreen, but after testing the movie on TV it is displayed as full screen. What format option do I select in TMPGenc to get letterbox? Is there a manual for the TMPGenc program, or something that describes what each aspect ratio means?

I selected SVCD, and the quality is really good. The sound is also synched fine, but when there is medium to fast motion, jitterness appears. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any help, this is my first attempt in VCD.
    Make sure you pick full screen(Keep aspect ratio) under the advanced tab of TMPG.

As for the motion problem, I'd say when you encode try to do a 2-pass. Use the bitrate calculater found here: http://www.vcdhelp.com/BitrateCalc.zip

-Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks.....I managed to get a perfect SVCD copy with my second try.
    I followed Sefy's basic guide and software, with a few adjustments.
    In TMPGenc, I use SVCD NTSC 16:9
    In the Mpeg settings, I chose CBR 2350 (I guess 2500 was too choppy)
    High quality (slow)
    On the advance tab, I clicked 16:9 display
    Full screen aspect ratio 2 (now widescreen like original DVD)
    Clicked on Ghost reduction (this might of fixed the choppiness)

Burned at 8x on Sony CDR 700mb (37 minutes of video). My player is an Apex 1500.

Hope this might help other newbies learning this too
    Quote Quote