VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm trying to convert a mp4 file (H264 codec) to avi (mpeg2 or divx).

I demux the sound and it's OK; the sound is in syncro with the original.

When I demux the video with Vdub via Avisynth frameserving, it's not syncronized at all with the original. It gives errors of up to 1 minute delay so when I mux it with the sound it's a mess.
    The interesting thing is that the video has the same timelength as the original and the soundtrack, so I dont figure out how the delay comes out.

I did the same with other files like mkv, ogm, etc and I had no problem so I wonder why this time it doesn't work properly.

Any advice is welcome.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe variable bitrate audio or video? That can cause those type of sync problems at times. I usually use ConvertXToDVD for MKV/MPEG4 conversions to DVD. I'm not clear on your demuxing method. I usually demux those type of files with tsMuxeR. But normally, I just convert them as is with no demuxing.

I've used Any Video Converter for those type of conversions also if I don't need a DVD file.

You might drop the original and outputted files into MediaInfo and see what differences they have. Should be a clue there somewhere. Usually audio is where the sync problems come from. If the video is the sync problem, that's more often because of a damaged file.
    Quote Quote