VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have a DVD that originally did not have subs in it but I have a SUP, I have completed inserting the SUP file by Muxman and it plays fine the only thing is the subs are delayed some.

When I try to use DVDSubedit to re-time the subs I get errors:

1st when I open the full domain I get a read only error and it says I cannot save the changes and then if I continue it says the VOB will be changed and no "undo" (thats ok I know it supposed to do this) but then I get another warning that the SPCs may be deleted (something to that effect), which it must do because PGCedit will not open it afterwards (I get an error upon scanning)

Is there something that can re-time the SUP subtitle?
    Quote Quote  
  2. SubtitleCreator can retime SUP files in Synchronize->Set Delay. I have found, however, that sometimes after doing so and saving, after muxing they have these little lines under some of them. In such cases I convert to VobSub (SubtitleCreator), OCR to SSA subs (SubRip), and make SST subs (MaestroSBT) for use in Muxman. Maybe it won't happen to you.

Why weren't they timed properly when being created? What did you use? Didn't you have the audio to guide you? You shouldn't get those errors in DVDSubEdit and maybe there's something wrong with the SUP files you created.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, SubtitleCreator seemed to adjust them fine & no lines. They were not timed correctly I think because I pulled the subs off a DVD (using PGCDemux) that added a little something before the start of video and the video I muxed it into did not have that intro.
    Quote Quote