VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a bunch of raw footage I rendered out using Pinnacle as DVD-Compliant MPGs. Now, it seems to me that in theory, I should be able to use something simple and fast to just rip these over to vobs and whatnot to make some DVD-videos. I could use Pinnacle to re-encode them as DVDs, but I'd be looking at 1-2 hours per file, and I have about a dozen of them.

Is there something out there that can just do it? I don't care about menus or chapters (this is just for archival purposes), so maybe what I am looking for is a simple container changer (the way mkv2vob does it's thing in a few seconds, this is what I am looking for). Or maybe I am totally wrong here and what I want to do isn't as easy as a job as I think. But I always thought vobs were just mpgs with a different file container (.vob not .mpg) and then a few ifos and all that rubbish that is small enough to be created in seconds.

Sorry, I don't have a clear enough idea of what I need for google (or even searching on here) to be much of a help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VSO ConvertXtoDVD is one of the fastest encoders around in my experience. However it really depends on your computer specs as to whether the authoring will be fast or slow. A fast processor, good quality ram and adequate hard disk space all play a role.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming they are in fact DVD compliant, you could use GUIForDVDAuthor to simply author them into a DVD with no re-encoding.

You do not want to use something that re-encodes the video if it doesn't need to, no matter how fast it may be.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, I will try that GUIforDVDAuthor thing and see how it turns out.

I have used ConvertXtoDVD before, and I am usually completely unhappy with the video quality. Converted some PAL footage to NTSC using it before and it came out like puke.
    Quote Quote  
  5. GUIforDVDAuthor didn't like me. I will probably just continue to procrastinate until my HDD crashes and the footage is lost in time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by beckmen View Post
    GUIforDVDAuthor didn't like me.
    Unfortunately this tells us nothing useful.

Error messages ?
    What in particular doesn't it like about you ?
    Can you post a mediainfo tree view of the files in question ?

You could also try the free DVD Styler
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote