VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All!

I am looking for the name of an application which will take a directory full of photos and output a slideshow as a movie with differing transitions. Also, the transitions has to be in synch with the music.

Quite a while back, I watched a video being created with music and the guy was simply tapping at the keyboard in time with the music...and different transitions happened. Very nice it was.

Can anybody help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Unfortunately, no...that's not it.

Quote: "What would be really cool (and I don't even know if this is possible or not) is the ability to manually "tap through" the slides in tempo with the background music, in real-time - or some other way of syncing up the slideshow to the beat of the music?"

Which is exactly what I seen...I am just looking for the app name.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ProShow can: but you have to set the timing of each slide to make this happen. If you're into doing the work, and willing to pay for it (a free trial is available): I recommend the software.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nope, that's not the one going by your description. The one I want makes the timing of the slides easy peasy...no guess work - just the tapping of an arrangement of keys for the transitions!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, good luck with that.

with differing transitions. Also, the transitions has to be in synch with the music.
    is not going to be
    easy peasy...no guess work - just the tapping of an arrangement of keys for the transitions
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that.

with differing transitions. Also, the transitions has to be in synch with the music.
    is not going to be
    easy peasy...no guess work - just the tapping of an arrangement of keys for the transitions

I know this software exists...I have seen it in action.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post

Nope, sorry thats not it. I can't believe anybody here hasn't heard of this software! I saw it being used about a year back...but damn my own lack of interest at the time. Now it's crucial...LOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're probably talking about Premiere. There was a video tutorial a few years back on wrigley video tutorials that shows just that. I believe he was using vesion 6 or 6.5 if I'm not mistaken. He would import the folder of images into the time line, add the music, then when he played the music he would hit a key to insert key points for image transitions.

Do a search, they probably still have it up there. It might be called creating a slideshow montage or something like that.........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hmm I'm in need of such a software also. I think Slideshow Movie Maker has such a feature (you can tap along to the beat of the music and create the keypoints for transitions). I don't know anything that works in realtime, sounds like V-jay software to me? Please post here if you find anything!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  

12. Nope, sorry - not that one either.
    Quote Quote  
  13. You know that you are looking for the name of an app. I don't know what it is called...

However if the question is how to sync a slideshow to the beat of music here's a way to calculate it.

First you must find the beat per. minute value of your music. This soft can do this for free: http://www.vicman.net/getfree/BPM-Analyzer_27727s.html
    Then you'll have to find the beat per. frame(PAL=25 fps/Ntsc=29.97 fps): This nifty online tool can do that for you: http://zambari.info/av_calc.php
    Remember to set the PAL/NTSC correctly. BTW. you can actually tap to your music with this tool too and get the BPM.

Now you have BPF(rame) you can just set the values in your DVD slideshow authoring app accordingly. (After deciding on where you want the transition - beginning of the beat, in the middel of the beat or after?)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    You know that you are looking for the name of an app. I don't know what it is called...

However if the question is how to sync a slideshow to the beat of music here's a way to calculate it.

First you must find the beat per. minute value of your music. This soft can do this for free: http://www.vicman.net/getfree/BPM-Analyzer_27727s.html
    Then you'll have to find the beat per. frame(PAL=25 fps/Ntsc=29.97 fps): This nifty online tool can do that for you: http://zambari.info/av_calc.php
    Remember to set the PAL/NTSC correctly. BTW. you can actually tap to your music with this tool too and get the BPM.

Now you have BPF(rame) you can just set the values in your DVD slideshow authoring app accordingly. (After deciding on where you want the transition - beginning of the beat, in the middel of the beat or after?)
    Yes, it's a difficult one I agree...but it was a forlorn hope that anybody here had come across the software I am after. Maybe this should be a heads up for those developers out there to fill a niche in the market eh?
    Quote Quote  
  15. No, quite easy...

Open this site: http://zambari.info/av_calc.php
    Select Pal or Ntsc
    Play your music in your music player and click on the tap button in the rythm.
    EX BMP: 150= 10 frames pr. beat.

In DVD slideshow GUI:
    Select Pal or Ntsc
    Import your images.
    Select all images and hit Slide Settings.
    Set the slide duration to 40(transition every 4. beat).
    Set the transiton to 'Cut'(means no transition aka. transition duration is overruled).
    And render your slideshow or burn it directly to a dvd.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 15th Feb 2010 at 07:34.
    Quote Quote  
  16. maybe fotomagico?

http://www.ehow.com/video_4992782_fotomagico-tutorial-audio-markers.html

I know you can do something similar in after effects with layer markers , but you have to specify which transition afterwards by advancing to markers (i.e it's not done in real time, only the layer markers are placed in real time)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found the video tutorial. He used Premiere 6 to do it.

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_montagetomusic.htm
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I found the video tutorial. He used Premiere 6 to do it.

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_montagetomusic.htm

Good find! The video looks good, but the other links are broken...so the tutorial is unavailable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I just downloaded and watched the .wmv tutorial from the link above. RacerX mentioned this very same think (Premier and Wrigley Video) two days ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Premiere isn't "easy peasy" either.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I just downloaded and watched the .wmv tutorial from the link above. RacerX mentioned this very same think (Premier and Wrigley Video) two days ago.
    I only use a dongle for Internet access and sometimes pages don't load properly. A fifth attempt allowed me to download the wmv. But alas, now I don't have the correct codec for audio to play the damn thing. (Does the movie have an audio track?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Audio is:
    0x0130 (Sipro Lab ACEPLNET) according to GSpot. It opens and plays in my WMP 11.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Audio is:
    0x0130 (Sipro Lab ACEPLNET) according to GSpot. It opens and plays in my WMP 11.
    I have version 12.0.7600.16415 (Windows 7) - I'll grab the latest KLite pack
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dont use k-lite,ffdshow is much better to install.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote