VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

New to all this, i have one problem in my way. I am converting an avi that has ac3 audio into mp3 so it plays in coreplayer on my phone.

I'm following a guide which i understand but when i go into audio compression and select lame mp3 or any of the other options nothing comes up in the right hand pane for me to select

this is the bit from the guide:

At Audio > Compression select the MPEG Layer 3 codec. At the right field, chose the desired audio bitrate and mode, matching the sampling rate from the original audio stream (44 Khz or whatever). Recommended audio quality values for small file sizes are between 96 and 128 Kbps.

The only option that has stuff in the right hand pane is the ac3 selection.

Where am i going wrong? i have installed lame mp3

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you set the audio to "full processing" mode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam View Post
    Did you set the audio to "full processing" mode?

Yeah i got all that down....

ok, so i worked out that the options are there for files that dont have ac3 audio!! as soon as i put an ac3 audio avi in, the lame options dissapear

is there a reason for this?

all i wanna do is convert ac3 audio into mp3 audio for my film. Is there another way of doing this procedure,? i just dont get why it wont let me do it, very frustratimg
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If wanted to do that I'd use Sony Movie Studio. I can see, however, this has been a problem before https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/virtualdub-ac3-t370672.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam View Post
    If wanted to do that I'd use Sony Movie Studio. I can see, however, this has been a problem before https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/virtualdub-ac3-t370672.html
    Thanks for that, have you got that software? could you tell me what options to choose for it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    virtualdub will work with the right codecs installed!
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by [_chef_] View Post
    virtualdub will work with the right codecs installed!
    can you suggest what im missing? i have the codecs, as stated, it works when when a non ac3 file is selected. im using avidemux now, works fine
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In Virtualdub, under Audio, choose Full Processing Mode > choose Conversion and change 6 channel to Stereo > choose Compression and you should now be able to choose Lame MP3.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    In Virtualdub, under Audio, choose Full Processing Mode > choose Conversion and change 6 channel to Stereo > choose Compression and you should now be able to choose Lame MP3.
    Yes, THANKS! it was the changing the 6 channel to stereo i was missing. Much appreciatted
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're welcome!
    Quote Quote