VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I have problem transcode the DVD to xvideo with quite unusual scenerio

I have the DVD files (Vob) with 3 steam
    1. Mpeg2 Video
    2. Audio steam mono
    3. another Audio stream mono

What I want to do is convert this file to xvideo with stereo audio which have audio stream-2 as left channel and audio stream-3 as right channel.
    Is there a program to do this in single step? I have to convert such files more than 100 pieces. So, I am looking for a tools that support batch process. I try to use ffmpeg with no success. Any recommend on command line instruction, programs would be appreciate (WinXP32bit).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You would have to mix the audio separately first, then mux with the video during authoring. What you are asking for is not something that is done as normal practice, and is therefore not something offered by the usual packages. You might be able to script the steps sequentially to obtain the same result, if you know you command line tools well enough.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can do this, but it's not a good idea. Why?
    1) Playback devices usually don't offer the ability to only play the left or right channel on Divx/Xvid videos.
    2) PCs and many standalone DVD players will play Divx/Xvid with multiple audio tracks and let you change between them.

If you must do this, convert each audio channel separately to WAV format and join them in something like Audacity and then convert that joined WAV file into MP3 or whatever you like. Mux the video with the audio you created using something like VirtualDubMod. I can't help you with command line programs to do it and it may not be possible on the command line.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the reply and comment and yes I must do this. Still open for the suggestion
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Still waiting for more help +.+
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You got your answer. There is no program to automate what you want to do.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote